Notices

Lake Champlain 2008

Old 05-18-2008, 09:12 AM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Champlain 2008

Dropped them in yesterday for a little shake-down run from the Peru docks (everything is in) to the Turtle. Jim and I had a nice short run up the lake. Everything was nice and clear of any flotsam and floaters. The Turtle was packed with PSU grad's and their families. Tasted a bit of Matt's nice, new upgraded menu (recommend the open face steak sandwich done all fancy). Had a few cocktails and a fine cigar. Although the basin is starting to fill, got nice front row parking. Talked with Matt earlier this winter about doing some stuff with/for us this season, especially during the week, in the evenings...more to come. Place was bustling with activity everyone prepping fior the season. The city docks are not yet in yet...I'll keep tabs on that. I'll also get the status from up towards Rouse Point and the Lighthouse. Met up with Big Neil at the launch afterwards (spotted us from the ferry on his return trip from Vt). I asked where he'd been hiding all of these months. Said he was looking for a lifestyle change (can we blame him) and wanted to check out that commune out in Texas he'd been seeing on tv. He said, although he ended up with 3.75 wives (couldn't quite close the deal with the 4th one). He commented on the fact that although a loved the little-house-on-the-praire dresses, especially the fit (put that vision in your head), he couldn't quite find one that matched his "palid, off-blue eye's".....so he bailed!!! In any case, he seems to be re-adjusting to society again!!! How is the Vt side looking? I know Jeff from up north has already been dodging iceburgs and skaters.....is clear shooting down here dude! Next weeknd's long-range looks promising...is everyone ready to go!!! Looking foward to a great season!!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

Good thing you started the 08 Champlain tread. We'll keep an eye on here regularly. My boat will be 20 minutes from the rouses point customs, so won't be to long to get to the lake this year... won't be in water with my personnal boat before... I guess second week of june.

Have a great summer guys!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:42 PM
It's a Wicked Rush!!!
Gold Member

Default Out Tomorrow

We'll be headin' over to Burlington/Breakwaters tomorrow late morning! Probablt the Turtle later on! If anyone else is out...ring up! Jim
Old 06-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope some of you guys hit the lake the last two weekends! I'm just a little guy up here in Rouses Point but always love checkin out your guys escapades..i'm friends with Gregg Roberts (grew up next door to him)...lets pray the weekends stay nice for the rest of the summer! One of these days i'll move up to the big boys club but for now i'll be getting used to the lake on my 21ft fourwinns.
Old 06-17-2008, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Lets see some pics guys!
Old 06-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered

I know my old man has at least a few...cuz I took 'em!

Post away old timer...
Old 06-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sure wish this year were better than last. Only 3 hours so far, just got back from Florida, and it's lookin better and better. And I still have to find time to look for my missing 500 rpm's. Probably pulling plugs Saturday am.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Registered

that crew hs been tired.. i guess their leader sells his cig, nothing else to talk about up there.... poor fellas....
Old 06-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

did not even launched my boat yet... 2 more w-end and I should be able. someone else must have done a couple rides on lake champlain! anyone?
Old 06-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Registered

sad, i feel sorry for you guys.... its al gls fault....

Quick Reply: Lake Champlain 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.