please help identify this boat for me >

please help identify this boat for me

Notices

please help identify this boat for me

Old 01-19-2009, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I have TONS of photo's of your boat - give me an e-mail addy, and I'll send them.
I saw the boat at Plapp's outdoor (more of a fishing/pontoon/ATV/RV place) in Hebron/Florence KY. If memory serves, they were asking $12,900.
I was looking for a 24x7, and this one just popped up there one day.
I was going back the following weekend to make an offer, and the boat was gone. I didn't even stop to ask about, figured it wasn't meant to be.
Several months later I was talking with one of the employees where I work, and she said her boyfriend was buying a boat, opens her phone, and shows me a picture of your boat.
Apparently Plapp's moved it to their location just across the line in Indiana. Following weekend, he takes it out to seatrial, and apparently the motor blows up on sea trial, he backed out of the deal.
Not sure what happened after that.
Where'd you buy it from?
I wound up picking up an old Pantera in St. Louis that has a lot of history on this board (It's now been owned by 4 members here) and has been cross country twice.
I started a resto on it the week after I bought it, and unfortunately work has gotten in the way, and I'm much further behind than I would hope to be.
Your pantera looks great I saw your build thread and its seems like you were very thorough with the resto.

I actually found the boat on ebay. I ended up grabbing it for 9500 which seemed like a great deal to me. The boat came a 454 that I was told had a few things done to it. It ran great but at the end of this summer I had a little over rev problem and blew the motor. So I am putting in a fresh 502 my mechanic had. I have gone through the whole boat and have been updating or replacing what ever needs it. I am going to finish the cabin this winter and I am replacing the old gauges to white with purple bezeled ones to match the accents on the boat. I'm also having the gauge panel redone in white so it looks more modern. I've replaced the all the speakers to much louder ones so I can here them when Im running the boat. I am hoping it all looks good when I'm done. I've still got to figure out what I am going to do for mufflers. I like the tips that are on it but the boat with the 454 was really loud and its just a matter of time before I get a ticket. I was already warned about it. Please send what ever pictures you have when you get a chance.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Your pantera looks great I saw your build thread and its seems like you were very thorough with the resto.

I actually found the boat on ebay. I ended up grabbing it for 9500 which seemed like a great deal to me. The boat came a 454 that I was told had a few things done to it. It ran great but at the end of this summer I had a little over rev problem and blew the motor. So I am putting in a fresh 502 my mechanic had. I have gone through the whole boat and have been updating or replacing what ever needs it. I am going to finish the cabin this winter and I am replacing the old gauges to white with purple bezeled ones to match the accents on the boat. I'm also having the gauge panel redone in white so it looks more modern. I've replaced the all the speakers to much louder ones so I can here them when Im running the boat. I am hoping it all looks good when I'm done. I've still got to figure out what I am going to do for mufflers. I like the tips that are on it but the boat with the 454 was really loud and its just a matter of time before I get a ticket. I was already warned about it. Please send what ever pictures you have when you get a chance.
I just sent you about 5-6 e-mails with pics.
Pics are probably huge, so had to split them up.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Python Vector...
I bought the boat from Plapps. Motor failed on sea trail. I had to get into a legal battle with them before they would give me my money back. Those guys are criminals!
I hope the boat does better for you than for me. It is a sharp looking boat. When it was running, it was a champ! Close to 80mph WOT.