Notices

Melbourne Florida Ramps

Old 01-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Melbourne Florida Ramps

Need some help , in the Melbourne Fl. area, a few of us are coming down in late March for a 10 day trip and need a nice ramp and parking for the week. Can anyone tell me where there is a ramp in the Melbourne Fl. area that can handle a 43 Black Thunder and other sport boats.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered

Thanks so much, I would like some info first hand.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

James,

I can give you a couple of options to get you started.

Claude Edge Front St. Park - 2210 Front Street : This is a decent ramp with close proximity to major roads (192 & US1), so its pretty easy to get to. Problem is that the parking and staging area is a little awkward. So it might be a little tight with the 43, but doable.

Ballard Park - 924 Thomas Barbour Drive: Kind of off the beaten path and is pretty small. But its workable in a pinch. On a positive note its on a protected basin so calmer waters getting in and out.

Eau Gallie Causway - Way tight, way small, right of the side of the causway, I would not recommend it.

Beyond that and maybe your best best is the ramp at Sebastian Inlet State Park. They just redid it back in 07, but still fairly new and I know they extended the ramp, so it should be good for the 43. Its about 10~15 miles south of Melbourne depending on where you are staying. Check out their website for more info.

Definitely take a dry run by them and get look, you will know better then anyone, also remember to check the tides during your stay..

That's all I have, maybe someone else has some other suggestions..

Hope that helps, have fun...

Jack

Last edited by Boostable; 01-18-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I've launched a 32' Cat @ ballard, but that's a big as a boat that I have launched there. Seb. Inlet park has been redone, but I've never used it. Where is your trip planned for? We live in Merritt Island, ~ 15 miles north, we might be interested in joining you guys, if you don't mind a couple of local tag alongs. Besides, we can show you where the SHALLOW parts of the river are!
Dean
Old 01-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Registered

Thanks guys for the info. I am not dead set on Melbourne so if you guys know of a better ramp please let me know. Our plans will take us down to West Palm, Miami, Key Largo, and Ft Lauderdale.
Nothing written in stone and would love to have other boaters join us. We just want too get away from the cold and do some winter boating.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Registered

Probably the the best ramp and parking in this area is Stan Bloom at the Ft Pierce Inlet. I have watched some of the sport fishing guys lauch 45'+ 4 engine center consoles with no problems. And if you are going to be gone for a number of days Call Harbortown Marina for secure storage.
Mike
Old 01-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Captnmike
Probably the the best ramp and parking in this area is Stan Bloom at the Ft Pierce Inlet. I have watched some of the sport fishing guys lauch 45'+ 4 engine center consoles with no problems. And if you are going to be gone for a number of days Call Harbortown Marina for secure storage.
Mike
Thanks for the info, few more questions, Is this place a protected inlet and does it have nice docks along side of the ramps??
It will be just the wife and I and she sometimes freaks out loading and unloading the boat, just need all the help I can have.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered

Just talked with the guy at Harbortown Marina and he is going too take good care of us for the trip.
Searched for the ramp (Stan Blum) what a nice ramp , I think that will work just fine, like the docks beside the ramps.

This will be a great start to our boating vacation, anyone in the area or wants to tag along let me know.
If anyone has some fun info or something that we should do please tell us.
Our plan is too launch on Saturday March 7th-14th and go from there, hopefully ending up at Key Largo.

Last edited by excursion; 01-19-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In Melbourne, Ballard would be your best bet. Several race teams test out of there and you would have to park in the overflow area(with your size) @entrance to park, but I have seen the old Don Q put in there so I know its possible. If your plans do change and you put in up in Melbourne, Capt Hirams is a must stop for lunch/dinner directly across from Sebastian inlet.

Harbortown are a great group of guys and will definitly do what they told you they would do for you. Have a fun safe trip.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Registered

Stan Bloom"s ramps are great. The only ones close, and I have ramped all over the country, may be the ones in Sarasota by the Hyatt. And I kepted my boat at Harbortown for a couple of months and never had the slightest problem. With some of the problems in South Florida, the security will be worth the piece of mind.

James, I'm about 10 mins. north of the ramp. Feel free to give me a call and I can help with some of the details if you want...directions, logistics, local water maps

Mike Sadlon
734-777-1878

Quick Reply: Melbourne Florida Ramps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.