Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hot Ropes, (colored Docklines) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20186-hot-ropes-colored-docklines.html)

BAJA WILL 03-15-2002 12:02 PM

Hot Ropes, (colored Docklines)

I ordered 4 purple dock lines to match my boat, they came in and look great. I would strongly recommend www.hotropes.com

Only place I could find Purple lines?;)

WILL

OnTheBay 03-15-2002 12:09 PM

27Fountain,

Wow great site I was just looking to buy some black lines for my new rig. Thanks for the link. I also ordered one of those $18 gizmos to change the oil, might need your insite on installation when I get it.:cool:

Thanks again,

Joe

seanclong 03-15-2002 12:30 PM

I have 'em too. Great lines. I probably shoulda' got 'em a little longer. Oh, well...:D

Oh, yeah I almost forgot. Keep an eye on 'em when you're docked. It seems that they're almost irresistable to people with sticky fingers. Maybe it's the snazzy colors and the nice whipping?:mad:

Griff 03-15-2002 12:48 PM

They sell these on ebay also and they are 2 lines for the same price as what they have listed on they're webpage. Is the price on they're web page per line or per pair????

Advantage_Rob 03-15-2002 12:57 PM

I picked up from the detroit boat chow last year from a place called captian jacks or something like that, I got them in bright orange to match my boat, and my friend picked up a set of silver metallic to match the silver in his red/white.black.silver graphics on his 99 Fountian. They have been great, and they have a logo area where they stitch the loop together, and on that that you can special order logo's to be silk screened onto the rope that's about 1" x 3". I didn't get it cuz it was like 90 bucks for the silk screen template thingy to be made, but for a manufacturer, or marina to spend the $90 up front than sell ropes to thier customers, whith the logo on it is a good advertising scheme, especially when every time I rafted off somebody they asked where I got my ropes. The good thing was when somebody took my rope they were real easy to find, with the captianjackslog.com logo and in orange, they cant really say those are mine, they match my boat!! NOT!!!!

WRedmann 03-15-2002 01:04 PM

I checked ebay

they state that the retail and online price is per line, and on ebay it is per pair. So it seems as if you should buy via ebay.

NotTOOBAD 03-15-2002 01:07 PM

Do they have an eBay store? If so, what's the name? Link?

BAJA WILL 03-15-2002 01:20 PM

OK, maybe e-bay has them cheaper:( but these were the only purple ones I could find. And I like Them:p

OntheBay

Glad I can help, I am very particular about my boat and want everything to look a certain way, and the oil drain kit, well that just makes life easier.:p

WILL

Cain Crew 03-15-2002 01:23 PM

Will those lines bleed when wet? stain your white seats?

Steamin Rice 03-15-2002 01:29 PM

You can also try www.mooringlines.com for colored dock lines....19 colors and they can custom make any length you want. I have some of these that are abour 3 years old and they haven't faded and are still flexible.....