Old 01-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1994.../United-States
Old 01-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Registered

Thanks for the link, but that is as old as the Bullet I want, so same insurance problems but 3 less feet.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rlj676
Thanks for the link, but that is as old as the Bullet I want, so same insurance problems but 3 less feet.
FYI. My buddy insures this boat for under $400 a year.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
FYI. My buddy insures this boat for under $400 a year.
I'm not sure why, but I learned that for some reason Insurance companies don't like "Cigarette". Most wouldn't even concider it and finally found insurance with progressive. Paying through the A$$, but it's insured and will shop again in the spring.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
I'm not sure why, but I learned that for some reason Insurance companies don't like "Cigarette". Most wouldn't even concider it and finally found insurance with progressive. Paying through the A$$, but it's insured and will shop again in the spring.

I am finding it is the 20 year mark that is the problem really. The "Cig" name seems to make it more too, but not as much as the age.

Also, he probably started insuring it before it was over 20 years, so now it is grandfathered in.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am finding it is the 20 year mark that is the problem really. The "Cig" name seems to make it more too, but not as much as the age.

Also, he probably started insuring it before it was over 20 years, so now it is grandfathered in.
IC. Interesting.... He did insure it b4 it was 20.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

Cgarrett, I know your old boat very well, Preston is a great guy. I think one of the motors finally let go last summer, not sure what he is doing but he really needs to upgrade with Trip 300's, that would be sweet. The boat is in great condition, renamed it Pole Position.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Registered

Nobody has mentioned them yet, but they fit the size range and come with twins in your price range... The Baja 29 and 33 Outlaws.. I know everyone likes to knock them cause they are a "production" boat but they are affordable and offer alot of what you are looking for. Ive been on both and the 33 defiantely has some nice room. The 29 is a lil tighter, the bed was too small for my likes. But both boats have good headroom in the cuddy and the 33 has a huge cockpit. By the way, Im 6' 224lbs.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:04 AM
Registered

Thanks for the advice.

I haven't ruled out the Sunny's, I would be up for one if the deal was right. Size wise, like total passenger space, how does the 28 AT compare to the 32 Sunny?

I've also been looking at 32 Hustlers as they seem like a good option as well. What does everyone think of them? Seems like a later 90's one could be had for a decent deal and still be insurable and hopefully "turnkey".
Pretty close for room in the cockpit, cabin room goes to the Sunny.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Registered

rjl676 -

Got the perfect boat for ya and its local too (see avatar). shoot me an email with your # and we can chat. The boat is in storage in harrison twp. I didn't expect to sell but I just moved up to a new boat and will be looking to move this spring (or sooner). I'd like to finish it as it has been a long project for me and when you get this far you want to see it thru. If you are interested I can finish to your request as well - rear seat config, colors, graphics (painted all white in '06 and in storage since). heck I'll even build a mild motor if you prefer. All the best - 489 tall deck with worked brodix heads, t&d rockers, etc, IMCO extension box, marine machine steering, Lonseal flooring, highback bolsters, full Livorsi Monster guages, aluminum tri-axle, etc, etc.

[email protected]

NEIL

Last edited by fantastixvoyage; 01-29-2009 at 10:50 AM.

Quick Reply: First Boat Question - Bullet vs AT/Pantera 28

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.