Anyone use their IPOD in their boat? >

Anyone use their IPOD in their boat?

Notices

Anyone use their IPOD in their boat?

Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brent Medley
Ipod works great!....much better than messing with cd's......like XM even better

Same same. Turn it on and forget about it.

Darrell.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a cig lighter that will work in the truck with my Ipod. I assume it will work in the boat as well?
Attached Thumbnails Anyone use their IPOD in their boat?-100_4163.jpg  
Old 01-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Check out the Fusion IPOD marine stereo (MS-IP500G). Will be installing it this spring.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Registered

Update your system to a nicer unit that allows remote control of the IPOD - you'll never go back. Both the center console and the NorTech have IPOD capabilities so it's just plug and play - and like he said - no skippin.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

Kenwood make a unit that has a USB connector on the front. The only thing is that it doesn't charge your IPOD when it's plugged in. I use 2GB thumb drives with about 1000 songs on each one those work alot better and they are really cheap. No cables or worries if you lose one.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Registered

Last year Alpine came out with the 100m. About $400 has a plug for iPod or USB. I copied evertthing on my iPod to a jump drive plug it in and it all comes up on the Alpine screen. Then you don't have to keep moving the iPod from boat to car and car to boat. Also has an RF remote for about $75. Works within 100 feet of the boat. And for another $125 you can add Sirius or XM.

No I do not work for Alpine but it is by far the most user friendly head unit I have ever owned. I bought a second one for the car. All I use my iPod for now is the gym and occasionally bring it in the house fot parties.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...ry=MAR_SYS_SOL
Old 01-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a wireless router in my slip, set up to communicate between my laptop that I can connect to my stereo thru the headphone jack, and my Itouch. With this setup, my Itouch works as a wireless remote with full control of every song in my music folder on my laptop to play thru teh stereo. Probably have a good 500' range.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I bought the battery powered bose ipod unit and it just sits on the dash. I did this because even with my new head unit and new speakers my boat system isnt loud enough. Maybe this winter or next I will spend some time on getting a real system installed. Until than the bose works and sounds great.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an alpine receiver that uses alpine's full speed connection cable to the ipod. then all the ipod functions are controlled thru the head unit or wireless remote. The ipod stays out of the way neatly in my hanging locker in the boat on a bracket. Now that I have Sirrus and a ipod on my boat I could never go back with out them.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a killer stereo installed last year with iPod adapter. See if you have an AUX plug, just used that. HArdly listen to anything but iPod or satellite radio. CDs are too cumbersome. Highly recommended.

Quick Reply: Anyone use their IPOD in their boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.