Notices

Ice & Snow

Old 01-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well this time they got it right... 3 inches of snow.. Then Rain by 6am... Now it is a iced mess. The state forgot to plug in the snow plows.. I have only seen a few this AM.. I guess with budget cuts they got to come in two hours late to like the schools..
Old 01-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
But...i was just in Ft. Lauderdale 2 weeks ago and for the first time in my life I really thought about moving. Winter sucks more every year!

A few Oklahoma facts for you:
1. We cant win a bowl game!
2. USC and Florida do win bowl games

I am traveling to San Diego Friday and probably will want to move there also. In the mean time both coasts are on my #hit list!

My sister grew up in S. FL and married a Westpoint grad so she has lived near army bases in the mid-west for the last 5+ years (Lawton,OK and Leavenworth, KS come to mind). She said it is a lot less hassle/stressful living in the midwest. People are nicer, things are cheaper and life is much simpler in general. She said she would never move back to S. FL (this coming from a kid who got a Mercedes for her first car). She still has nice stuff but doesn't miss the competitiveness of S. FL.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awwwww Man

13 inches 2weeks ago and now another 6 to 10 inches today up here in North East Ohio. Great Lakes Hell. Its only Great for the Polar Bears up here. Thank God for a heated Polebarn I can still go out and and love up the boat on the trailer. No need for a frig or ice I got plenty outside the door to keep the Beers cold
Old 01-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Today is warmer then the last few weeks. 20deg. Have a total of more then 1 ft. of snow on the ground now and it's still coming. I have had enough of Michigan winters! We will meet all you Fl. boaters in late November. Have a few beers on ice for us when we get there.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
Today is warmer then the last few weeks. 20deg. Have a total of more then 1 ft. of snow on the ground now and it's still coming. I have had enough of Michigan winters! We will meet all you Fl. boaters in late November. Have a few beers on ice for us when we get there.
I moved from Michigan 5 years ago and have no regrets, as soon as I opened the Florida office, it was the beginning of the end.

Right now it's cooling down into the 70's, hit 80 this afternoon.

Do feel a little bad for you guys, this winter has been brutal.

T38
Old 01-28-2009, 07:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Tampa38
I moved from Michigan 5 years ago and have no regrets, as soon as I opened the Florida office, it was the beginning of the end.

Right now it's cooling down into the 70's, hit 80 this afternoon.

Do feel a little bad for you guys, this winter has been brutal.

T38
Exactly what I am trying to do. Open up down there, sell businesses here (thats gunna be the tuff part). At least for now I'll keep the businesses going here during the summer months and work there during the winter.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ona-Mission
Exactly what I am trying to do. Open up down there, sell businesses here (thats gunna be the tuff part). At least for now I'll keep the businesses going here during the summer months and work there during the winter.
What kind of business? Just curious.

T38
Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Snow Removal.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Registered

i just spent the last 26 hrs pushing and loading snow.i just thought about where i could have been in the world if i would have left it in drive instead of driving back and fourth in a parking lot!!!!!!!!i am heading to florida at the end of april to panama city anybody got any hot spots or must go to place's were going for thunder beach bike rally!thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Ice & Snow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.