Notices

300hp Outboards

Old 01-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Here you go 300XS

If you go to our website www.teamshogren.com and look at the eliminiator under other used boats you can see a set of new (less than 15 hours) with warranty 300XS. Feel free to make fair offer.

Regards,

Scott Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

847-336-9037

Fountain & Baja By Fountain

Originally Posted by sonnycrockett
hi guys,
I'm refurbishing a runabout, and "surprisingly" want lots of horsepower in outboard form.

What would be the best ? I think 2 strokes becaue the weigh alot less. Many people opt for the (2 stroke) yammy 300 HPDI's can anyone tell me the specs on those?

cheers
Old 01-28-2009, 09:52 PM

Don't forget the 350 Verado
Old 01-29-2009, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Enforcer2
Yam 300 HPDI's , I would shy away from, heard of a lot of problems from owners.

FOUR STROKES WHY!!!!!!.......whats wrong with the MERC 300 OPTIMAX

Lighter, faster, better fuel economy no oil changes, no winterization.

Only down fall is having to urchase 2 stroke oil. I rather do that any day.

Re-Sale I agere with ....only because the consumer is un-educated

And yes the E-Tech is also up there IMHO but MERC forever!!

And be careful if u do go with a 4 stroke they are tearing the transoms out and resposnible for sinking boats at docks due to the increased weight. Another words make sure your scupppers dont go below the water line!!!
2 Strokes are way more thirsty than a 4 stroke and the reason for for more outboards being sold is that the consumer is educated and they know a better product when they see it. Yes some older boats would need work for the extra # and some hulls just wouldn't be right, motor to motor the 4 stroke is better. Just look at MX bikes the 4 stroke rules unless you are one of the stunt guys that needs a motor that is easy to flip upside down because of less rotating mass. The 4 stroke is so much better they even changed the rules to run the 250 2 stroke with the 250 4 stroke and they still cant win. 2 strokes are a thing of the past and in a few more years the 4 stroke will be even lighter then there wont be any reason to buy a 2 stroke unless the person just wont change.

On top of it all the 2 stroke is loud and smells and you have the messy oil tanks, look into the bilge of an older 2 stroke.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts
Default 2 strokes

If you want to go fast and have no maintence go with a 2 stroke. The 4s' weigh to much and are best used in twin ,trip or quad application. I have a velocity with twin 280s' and would not even consider a 4 stroke. I have plenty of friends with verados. They are pigs. Any my 280s' get great fuel economy if you keep the rpms' down. My .02 cents. Bob
Old 01-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!

Originally Posted by bulletbob
If you want to go fast and have no maintence go with a 2 stroke. The 4s' weigh to much and are best used in twin ,trip or quad application. I have a velocity with twin 280s' and would not even consider a 4 stroke. I have plenty of friends with verados. They are pigs. Any my 280s' get great fuel economy if you keep the rpms' down. My .02 cents. Bob
EXACTLY!!!

But I will say that I drove my buddies 35 latitude with 4 strokes and it was nice and had a lot of torque.

Just not a two stroke though. Nothing like a 2 stroke screamn....especially 4!!!!

Last edited by Enforcer2; 01-29-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Registered

LIKE THIS!!!!!!

and of course the old school smoky 250 EFI's that are on my boat
Attached Thumbnails 300hp Outboards-quad-300-optis.jpg   300hp Outboards-z3.jpg  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Registered

but why would you

Originally Posted by bulletbob
My opinion if you keep the rpms down in your 2 stroke your going to slow/.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Registered

LIKE THIS!!!!!!

and of course the old school smoky 250 EFI's that are on my boat
I aways like the way that boat looks but do you think if you ran 3 350 verados it would be faster? Right now per Merc specs. you have 1000 hp and 2010# or 3 350's 1050 hp 2001# plus you must carry what 20 gal. of oil in it right?

Either way the boats bad a$$ and a boat like that would do good with 2 or 4 stroke power.

And I am with you on the way you like the sound, I myself like the big block V8 but on the CC I am going to buy would perfer it to be very mellow like the Verado other 4 strokes just sound like an engine.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Registered

Thanks............. dont get me wrong the Verados are nice......... I know every body is on the 4 stroke. Dont count out the 2 strokes they have a lot to offer.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Registered

Thanks............. dont get me wrong the Verados are nice......... I know every body is on the 4 stroke. Dont count out the 2 strokes they have a lot to offer.
I'm not trying to be a smart as$ just wondering if 3 would be better. I am not an OB guy yet but I am getting a CC most likely with 2-3 verados.

I know if you took a boat like a 42 OL and put 3 525's with bravos then the same boat with 850's and # 6's the hp and lbs. is close to the same but the 850 boat is faster, the props are in cleaner water and a better balance to the boat. With outboards they don't have as much tq. so the props are smaller so does having 3 4 or even 5 just keep getting faster or is it better to run fewer and more hp.

Quick Reply: 300hp Outboards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.