Notices

Any New Innovative Ideas?

Old 03-20-2002, 11:18 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by shifter
We could have been discussing a new paddle, you might need that with the bravo.
Whap! - Bullseye!

Here's another one: Skegless surface drives that can be toed out (or in depending on prop rotation) to get the overall thrust vector from the props in line with the direction of travel. (Requires a hydraulic tie bar. Don't laugh - there are people who have been working on this one.....
Old 03-21-2002, 01:21 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only one I ever saw that could use a hydraulic tie bar is Steve Curtis. If it is not active it will be scary. When you lift one out it will only have one direction to go. When you figure out which direction, run. It should set off a good ossilation.
pat W
At least people are trying.
Old 07-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I re-read my 3-12-02 post.

Today in the new Fam and Perf boating mag Sept '02 issue, page 12:

IMCO built a test unit- one engine and two drives. Way Cool!

I wish I could scan it and post the picture and article. Can anyone help?
Anyone else have some inside info about this setup?
Old 07-07-2002, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The drag boat guys have been using one engine and two drives for about three years now. Jim Faulkerson from Las Vegas was the first. Several others are doing it also. I think it is the wave of the future for boats with more power than they can handle. Problably not the case for most of the boats we are discussing for poker runs, etc.
Keep posting cobra marty, I enjoy your posts.
How is the torque dingus coming?
Old 07-07-2002, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Someone say hydraulic tie bars LoL that’s all we had in the early Arneson days on the Cats the first one was a hand pump from a Porta Power and that got exciting, next step was Solenoid valves and a electric trim pump, using long 6” stroke Italian control cables on the steering ram on to a second trim panel tracking the tie bar thru the steering arc. There was a geometry problem with the units any trim required a change in the tie bar.

Air trim able surfaces a long time ago I had cockpit adjustable canards on my Race boat Neutral with two positions up and two Down fully deployed at @110 MPH maybe 37 kilograms each of influence made a difference . the UIM was a little negative but with the Crap Buzzi pulls they Finally let me run

Old 07-07-2002, 09:25 PM
Registered

A few years ago merc played around with an outboard with a Y shaped lower unit that had two counter rotating props. Too complicated to work though, and the idea died I heard.
Old 07-07-2002, 09:59 PM
Registered

Steve 1; That is the second time in recent weeks someone has commented on the Buzzi capers. So what sort of tricks did he pull? Always stretching the rules no doubt, but maybe you could be more specific.
Old 07-07-2002, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ahh where would I begin? Lets firm up the ground rules the First the UIM AKA Buzzi club This while I was there .the guy seemed to have Some influence (the word some was used politely)one of My boats got banned for now get this, Length it was too long (too short I fully understand).Seriously though I have never seen a SeaTec being Tore down like the rest of us ,But really all Mr.”B” would do is say that is a legal engine and here are the new Spec sheets forgive all the whiteout and pen lines!! My beef forget the cheating engines I still beat him, But he builds a heavy slug so to keep everything even we all need to add ballast ,he builds a 10 meter POS so we have to build to 10 meters also .BTW a Friend of mine got killed in one of those horrible riding RIBS.

Best Regards
Old 07-08-2002, 07:06 AM
mjuwalters

The two drives one engine idea sounds good, but what is the cost factor compared to a no. 6 or one of shifter's surface drives? seems the proper drive would simpler and cheaper.

Old 07-08-2002, 07:16 AM
mjuwalters

I remember a few years ago Kieth Eckert had some drawings for a rudder assembly that bolt on outdrives or outboards. Don't know whatever happened to his idea.Looked good

Quick Reply: Any New Innovative Ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.