Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
It's been a while but have a new story!! >

It's been a while but have a new story!!

Notices

It's been a while but have a new story!!

Old 01-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by freshwaterfiend
Exactly how is this a fault? You are a hero for saving that little kitten and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I was very upset over the above video. I voiced my opinion about cops and generalized my statements to include all cops. I defended the driving of the guy with the dying dog. I was strongly out numbered by people feeling the opposite and felt the police were right in their actions.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like another story about getting in trouble because of *****
Old 01-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Gino that was a good story but not what I expected....

I expected you to stop at light, get carjacked but when you got out of the car it ran over your foot, the guy drives off in the car with your cell phone, bank deposit, collection of Rolex's on the front seat. While you are trying to figure out what happened the city bus runs you over and the cops show up and tell you it was all your fault for driving a flashy car in a bad neighborhood..........

Glad it wasn't that bad for you....hope you got checked out for rabies.....
Old 01-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was expecting another truck in the drink story. You're a good man. My mother in law would tell you you're earning treasure in Heaven.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
I was expecting another truck in the drink story. You're a good man. My mother in law would tell you you're earning treasure in Heaven.
I was thinking the same thing. Gino, you went way way beyond just helping. You saved her life. I believe all good deeds are accounted for. In Heaven, sorta like a points system. Gino, you hit the trifecta. Good going.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Just got a call from the vet. Not very good news! I need some help.
The cat is in worse shape then we hoped. They finally got her stabilized enough to completely check her. She needs a hip surgery which is $1500 and reconstruction of her pelvis for the bargain price of $3500 let alone the current bill for about $1500 plus the meter is running and we will probably see a final bill of about $8000. I took on this commitment and will follow through with it. However if anyone has a friend or a family member that is a vet can we see if we can get any kind of deal on the reconstructive surgery I would be indebted. I know I get friends in distress calls all the time. I could really use help with this one!!
In turn You and your vet friend can have the 2 back seats in the Mercedes boat for the Islamarada or St. Pete Poker run.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered

Very cool story, Gino. Sorry to hear about the near-death-experience, though! Ha, let me run your offer past a vet buddy of mine... see if I can help out. SM
Old 01-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Just got a call from the vet. Not very good news! I need some help.
The cat is in worse shape then we hoped. They finally got her stabilized enough to completely check her. She needs a hip surgery which is $1500 and reconstruction of her pelvis for the bargain price of $3500 let alone the current bill for about $1500 plus the meter is running and we will probably see a final bill of about $8000. I took on this commitment and will follow through with it. However if anyone has a friend or a family member that is a vet can we see if we can get any kind of deal on the reconstructive surgery I would be indebted. I know I get friends in distress calls all the time. I could really use help with this one!!
In turn You and your vet friend can have the 2 back seats in the Mercedes boat for the Islamarada or St. Pete Poker run.
I'm not telling you or anyone else what to do with this cat but if it was me, I'd let the cat RIP. It's in a lot of pain and with all the surgery it may not help much and cost a ton of money that could go toward, homeless shelters or to needy families that don't have heat or food in their houses etc.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Driving to work today just minding my own business I stop at a traffic light a few blocks from my shop. It is by far, not the best neihborhood hood. I look to my right and there are 3 teenagers doing messing with something on the floor. I roll up a bit to see what they were doing, I thought maybe playing dice. Instead they were there with a small cat that was lying on the floor obviously very messed up. I see them trying to give it water. I jump out of my car, only to have to jump back in when it started rolling away because I didn't put the brake on. I jump out a 2nd time and run over to them. They told me the cat was hit by a car. They said they called the humane society about an hour ago.
I decided to take her to the vet as I'm sure the humane society would have destroyed her.
I went to pick her up very gently and she tried to get away. the front part of her body rolled over and her front legs tried to run but the rear of her body just laid there and her rear legs didn't move.
This broke my heart. I picked her up and she must have been in excruciating pain. She let out a screech and bit me. Then she bit me 3 more times. It hurt like i can't even explain. I was bleeding everywhere! I didn't want to drop her because of her condition so i ran to the car with het teeth embedded in my hand.
I flew to the vet, the whole time thinking of the video i posted months back with the trooper writing the tickets to the couple with the dying dog. I tried my best to obey the laws!
On the way i called my wife for directions and she called the vet so they were ready. they were standing in the parking lot waiting for us. They were incredible!
With this they saw this tremendous amount of blood. They asked where it was coming from on the cat, i let them know it was from my hand.
They immediately insisted I went to the Emergency room. When I was taking my time leaving the vet screamed at me to go, they would take care of my new adopted friend.
While waiting for my turn, my breathing started getting very difficult. My hand swelled up to twice the size. The pain was incredible. I am deathly allergic to cats and alway have been. Anyone allergic to cats as bad as i am know it actually the saliva in the cats we are allergic too. Now I have tons if it in my system. My breathing got worse and worse and I was starting to black out. I got the nurse, as soon as she saw me, they ran me in the back and got a doctor. They started an IV so they could start injected about 12 different medicines. They said if I didn't get there when I did, I could have really been in trouble. After 6 hours of IV's, medicines, tests, and x-rays, they let me go home.
Swelling is down on my hand, (thank God) and feeling better. My little buddy is stable. her pelvis is broken in 4 places, possibly a bladder problem. They will probably operate tomorrow.

This little ordeal is probably going to cost me a few thousand dollars at the vet but hopefully she will be fine.

Under the circumstances, I can't keep her. Is there anyone out there that will consider adopting her? She is very young, probably about a year. She will have all her shots and be in good shape when she leaves here.
i will post pictures and more details. If you know anyone that may consider taking her, please let me know. I would really appreciate it!!

Oh yeah, I think I'm going to call her Lucky!
Gino,YOU are THE MAN.. and one with a heart of Gold!
Old 02-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino, Where do people that wish to help send their donation?

Quick Reply: It's been a while but have a new story!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.