Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
It's been a while but have a new story!! >

It's been a while but have a new story!!

Notices

It's been a while but have a new story!!

Old 01-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default It's been a while but have a new story!!

Driving to work today just minding my own business I stop at a traffic light a few blocks from my shop. It is by far, not the best neihborhood hood. I look to my right and there are 3 teenagers doing messing with something on the floor. I roll up a bit to see what they were doing, I thought maybe playing dice. Instead they were there with a small cat that was lying on the floor obviously very messed up. I see them trying to give it water. I jump out of my car, only to have to jump back in when it started rolling away because I didn't put the brake on. I jump out a 2nd time and run over to them. They told me the cat was hit by a car. They said they called the humane society about an hour ago.
I decided to take her to the vet as I'm sure the humane society would have destroyed her.
I went to pick her up very gently and she tried to get away. the front part of her body rolled over and her front legs tried to run but the rear of her body just laid there and her rear legs didn't move.
This broke my heart. I picked her up and she must have been in excruciating pain. She let out a screech and bit me. Then she bit me 3 more times. It hurt like i can't even explain. I was bleeding everywhere! I didn't want to drop her because of her condition so i ran to the car with het teeth embedded in my hand.
I flew to the vet, the whole time thinking of the video i posted months back with the trooper writing the tickets to the couple with the dying dog. I tried my best to obey the laws!
On the way i called my wife for directions and she called the vet so they were ready. they were standing in the parking lot waiting for us. They were incredible!
With this they saw this tremendous amount of blood. They asked where it was coming from on the cat, i let them know it was from my hand.
They immediately insisted I went to the Emergency room. When I was taking my time leaving the vet screamed at me to go, they would take care of my new adopted friend.
While waiting for my turn, my breathing started getting very difficult. My hand swelled up to twice the size. The pain was incredible. I am deathly allergic to cats and alway have been. Anyone allergic to cats as bad as i am know it actually the saliva in the cats we are allergic too. Now I have tons if it in my system. My breathing got worse and worse and I was starting to black out. I got the nurse, as soon as she saw me, they ran me in the back and got a doctor. They started an IV so they could start injected about 12 different medicines. They said if I didn't get there when I did, I could have really been in trouble. After 6 hours of IV's, medicines, tests, and x-rays, they let me go home.
Swelling is down on my hand, (thank God) and feeling better. My little buddy is stable. her pelvis is broken in 4 places, possibly a bladder problem. They will probably operate tomorrow.

This little ordeal is probably going to cost me a few thousand dollars at the vet but hopefully she will be fine.

Under the circumstances, I can't keep her. Is there anyone out there that will consider adopting her? She is very young, probably about a year. She will have all her shots and be in good shape when she leaves here.
i will post pictures and more details. If you know anyone that may consider taking her, please let me know. I would really appreciate it!!

Oh yeah, I think I'm going to call her Lucky!
Attached Thumbnails It's been a while but have a new story!!-hands-cat-bite.jpg  
Old 01-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Only you Gino, only you. I wish I could help but I have 3 dogs.....and they are not very found of cats. I would have done the same thing that you did. I took in a stray dog just before Christmas that was as thin as a rail. Got him fattened up and found him a good home. Hope it all works out for ya, Eddie.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That's a very noble thing you did. I'm sorry to hear that you're allergic to pussie though! I'd probably kill myself if I was.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you just feeling bad about being a cat killer....killer.

Good job and I am a dog guy.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Registered

What do you think Reggie would have done is he was the one driving by??
Old 01-30-2009, 10:53 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

For what you did, I would consider taking her but being in MI and with tough times do not think I could afford to keep up with her treatment

as for the rest of the story, I am going to have to use the new official "Gino" smilie
Old 01-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
What do you think Reggie would have done is he was the one driving by??
He cant go into the hood with all that gold on.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
Gino,,,i can only tell u ,,,,,GREAT MAN ,,,i would take her but i think my dog does not like cats. Even if u are alergic,,,KEEP HER DAMIT !!!!

She will threat u better then anyone else after what u did.

Even if u keep here in the shop ,,she will get the mice for ya.

Damn i wish i could help.

A toast and prayers for LUCKY !!!
I would, I just get soooooo sick. I've had to go to the hospital over 25 times in my life for my cat allergies.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:02 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I bet Reggie wishes Gino was allergic to fiberglass cats.......
Old 01-31-2009, 07:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Great job you did Gino. It sucks you cant keep the cat. But its a great thing helping out the cat.

Quick Reply: It's been a while but have a new story!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.