Like Tree0Likes

Superbowl Sunday Steal - 36 Nor-Tech

Reply
Old 02-28-2009, 08:34 AM
  #61
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,594
Default

With 3600 Supercats below 200K, T/S TG's at 100K, 30 Mystiques with blue motors at 70K makes you wonder where the bottom is?

Blume seems to be the only guy that doesn't realize the bottom has dropped out of the boat market!


Seriously, I spoke with a longtime boat dealer recently and they are scared to death to take a trade for this exact reason. He said, even if you steal it you might lose big on it based on how long it takes you to sell it. They will now only take trades on new boats, obviously because the profit is there on the new boat to absorb any loss incurred on the trade.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:13 AM
  #62
Registered
Platinum Member
 
maxonmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Union N.J.
My Boats: 36 Monterey SC, 388 Skater Merc 1350'S, Sea Doo Speedster 200, Sea Doo RXT 260, Yamaha FX SHO
Posts: 418
Default

Question for the board... Whats more scary..... The unbelievable price its selling for or the fact that even at this low price it still has not sold?????
maxonmike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:15 AM
  #63
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Jassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
With 3600 Supercats below 200K, T/S TG's at 100K, 30 Mystiques with blue motors at 70K makes you wonder where the bottom is?

Blume seems to be the only guy that doesn't realize the bottom has dropped out of the boat market!


Seriously, I spoke with a longtime boat dealer recently and they are scared to death to take a trade for this exact reason. He said, even if you steal it you might lose big on it based on how long it takes you to sell it. They will now only take trades on new boats, obviously because the profit is there on the new boat to absorb any loss incurred on the trade.
Even trading a perfectly maintained 08 for an 09 is hard....can't get any real numbers..or at least numbers without losing my azz..and I totally understand the situation.
Jassman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:11 AM
  #64
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Lafayette,La
My Boats: 31 Resin bucket
Posts: 5,335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer 880 View Post
The price seems to be following the stock market.

wait until next week , you think the stock market was bad this week , the SPX will visit the 6's.. blew right threw 740 in pre market yesterday..

-GDP double estimates ,677k more unemployed, i could go on and on..

only reason the market didn't explode was window dressing for the books...

next week will be bloody ..FAZ will see 80+

PPT can't hold it up forever....

Last edited by Open72; 02-28-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Open72 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:56 PM
  #65
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Marginmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Indianapolis, Lake Cumberland
My Boats: 38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight
Posts: 3,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIGARETTE 1972 View Post
wait until next week , you think the stock market was bad this week , the SPX will visit the 6's.. blew right threw 740 in pre market yesterday..

-GDP double estimates ,677k more unemployed, i could go on and on..

only reason the market didn't explode was window dressing for the books...

next week will be bloody ..FAZ will see 80+

PPT can't hold it up forever....

We aren't on the yahoo finance message boards so I'm thinking not more than a few here are going to know the FAZ from the FAS from the UYG.
__________________
The Beak be gone
Marginmn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:44 PM
  #66
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
Even trading a perfectly maintained 08 for an 09 is hard....can't get any real numbers..or at least numbers without losing my azz..and I totally understand the situation.
You won't come out ok unless the dealer/broker has your boat sold before they take it on trade.......
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 11:08 PM
  #67
Registered
 
jeff32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St-Hyacinthe, quebec, canada
My Boats: 2000 triple 500 efi Sonic 45
Posts: 6,254
Default

199 is cheap for sure... and yes ut us surprising nobody jumped on it yet...
jeff32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:56 AM
  #68
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Turkey Point Island Edgewater Md.
My Boats: 2012 39' Nor-Tech CC
Posts: 2,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIGARETTE 1972 View Post
wait until next week , you think the stock market was bad this week , the SPX will visit the 6's.. blew right threw 740 in pre market yesterday..

-GDP double estimates ,677k more unemployed, i could go on and on..

only reason the market didn't explode was window dressing for the books...

next week will be bloody ..FAZ will see 80+

PPT can't hold it up forever....
Thanks for clearing that up!!!
Spicy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:26 PM
  #69
VIP Member
VIP Member
Thread Starter
 
drypipetiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lake Champlain, NY
My Boats: 2008 Nor-Tech 3600
Posts: 3,452
Default

Ad has been pulled. Someone must have snagged it!
drypipetiger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:51 PM
  #70
Registered
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: cleveland
My Boats: boatless... with money in the bank!!
Posts: 5,798
Default

price sells
dreamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
mikebrls
Pantera
42
01-16-2009 10:03 PM
Double R Performance
General Boating Discussion
38
06-15-2006 09:02 PM
AeroSpeedMarine
Eliminator
22
04-02-2006 11:23 PM
GregP
General Boating Discussion
3
09-22-2005 07:42 PM
mr_velocity
Velocity
1
03-29-2005 07:09 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.