Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
UN-REAL accident footage... >

UN-REAL accident footage...

Notices

UN-REAL accident footage...

Old 02-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have been leary buying a boat from someone named Boudreaux Buttpaste.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would of swam fast and jumped back on the swim platform before it hit the rocks. Looks like the guy didn't care about his boat.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This occurred in Varna, Bulgaria. My wife's hometown.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Keytime
I'm still waiting for it to explode.
Hey, it could happen!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

that sucks.....it was a nice rig...
Old 02-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Hey, it could happen!
a fountain would have exploded, the cigs are built solid
Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Registered

Good thing it hit the rocks and did'nt circle around and chew anyone up.....sad thing is it could have been easily prevented.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Good thing that wasn't california, the tree huggers would have been all over him for scratching the rocks...
Old 02-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
All the step boats will spin. The Geico 51 Outerlimits with #6's did it in Boston. Sunsation had a couple 32's go over. It is the nature of the beast, extra air under the hull in a turn at speed will be an issue in any brand.

It just seems more Cigarettes hit the headlines than other brands.
While it's common knowledge that the stepped bottoms are more prone to spinning out, this was a patent Cig accident in where they tend to roll to the outside of a turn and pitch everyone out and then right themselves if lucky. What this operator is guilty of is the Lanyard tether.

This is not a high speed spin out, nor tripping a chine, this is a feat that has been repeated several times on the TS verified by other videos out there. This is a bit different of a scenario than most stepped V’s whereby these boats appears to have to high of a VCG combined with a forward LCG making for a inherit design problem.

I agree, it was a beautiful boat but I don’t think these boats are not meant for the average boater, rather they need someone that has been schooled on how these boats behave and how to attach the lanyard tether to themselves.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
While it's common knowledge that the stepped bottoms are more prone to spinning out, this was a patent Cig accident in where they tend to roll to the outside of a turn and pitch everyone out and then right themselves if lucky. What this operator is guilty of is the Lanyard tether.

This is not a high speed spin out, nor tripping a chine, this is a feat that has been repeated several times on the TS verified by other videos out there. This is a bit different of a scenario than most stepped V’s whereby these boats appears to have to high of a VCG combined with a forward LCG making for a inherit design problem.

I agree, it was a beautiful boat but I don’t think these boats are not meant for the average boater, rather they need someone that has been schooled on how these boats behave and how to attach the lanyard tether to themselves.
This hull is prone to that from day one. Stinson?????? From what I remember, this is hull number 2. Later in the season they went for a swim as the boat went over and they ended up in the engine compartment upside down. Jeffrey (OSO originator) later boat the boat and had it all re-rigged since it had partially sunk.
Attached Thumbnails UN-REAL accident footage...-1.jpg   UN-REAL accident footage...-2.jpg   UN-REAL accident footage...-3.jpg  

Last edited by PhantomChaos; 02-04-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Quick Reply: UN-REAL accident footage...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.