Notices

Shipping boat from Puerto Rico

Old 02-04-2009, 10:24 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
Bob,

I rolled my Truck and Trailer/Boat on Trailer Bridge when I left P.R. I got a preferred discount and it was somehwere around $3200.00. You would be better off finding a reasonable yard/shipping trailer and put it on trailer bridge and then transfer to your trailer in Jacksonville.

Call or message me about your trip down and back. I have done that run on small boats with limited range and fuel stops.

Incredible expireince with multiple stops in Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and Dom Rep. I still have all of my route planning and contact list for the run down.

Brad
Thanks Brad. We should talk in the next while. April will be here before we know it. Can you PM me your cell, please. I will be in Miami for the show next weekend. Will you be around? Would be great to pick your brain on this.
Thanks,
Bob Barnhart
Old 02-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Lowblue any more info, I keep making calls and no one calls back. Anyone?
Old 02-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Lowblue any more info, I keep making calls and no one calls back. Anyone?
no, but I do know it is either Crowley or Tropical for sure.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Registered

Tropical wont do it, trying to call Crowley.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:58 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Bob,

I rolled my Truck and Trailer/Boat on Trailer Bridge when I left P.R. I got a preferred discount and it was somehwere around $3200.00. You would be better off finding a reasonable yard/shipping trailer and put it on trailer bridge and then transfer to your trailer in Jacksonville.

Call or message me about your trip down and back. I have done that run on small boats with limited range and fuel stops.

Incredible expireince with multiple stops in Bahamas, Turks and Caicos and Dom Rep. I still have all of my route planning and contact list for the run down.

Brad
How many miles overall was your trip? How long was the longest run between fuel stops? Was fuel easy to get? Or did you have to arrange for it? Gas or diesel?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is the type of trip that I would love to do.

Steve
Old 02-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Registered

Anybody know any shippers that will do it? Anybody know anyone in Ponce, Puerto Rico?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:15 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve H
How many miles overall was your trip? How long was the longest run between fuel stops? Was fuel easy to get? Or did you have to arrange for it? Gas or diesel?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is the type of trip that I would love to do.

Steve
The total run I did was around 2000 miles, but I started in Slidel, LA. The boat had a max range of 200 NM at 21kts. I didnt want to pack any additional fuel so I planned all the open runs to less than 200nm.

The run from Miami is around 1000nm miles (rough) The longest run is 163.5 NM from Turks and Cacios (PROVO) to Puerto Plata, DR. If you leave from Grand Turk you can shave some miles off. Fuel was easy to get, I did preplan everything but the only really needed in DomRep.

After you get to Puerto Rico is gets really easy you can run to the Virgin Islands then St Marten and beyond with no problems at all.

There we some guys on Puerto Rico who I met at Club Nautico who ran down from Miami in a 25 ft Grady White. It is very easy.

I did all the runs at night so I could have daylight for the port entrances and gave us more island time to have fun. I didn't want to waste daylight cruising in the open ocean. I set the cruise speed so we would be at the port or reef entrance at sunrise.

Miami to Nassu, Nassu to Cat Island, Cat Island to Rum Cay, Rum Cay to Provo, Provo to Puerto Plata, Puerto Plata to Bahia de Samana, Santa Barbara DR to San Juan PR. Easy stuff.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:01 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The total run I did was around 2000 miles, but I started in Slidel, LA. The boat had a max range of 200 NM at 21kts. I didnt want to pack any additional fuel so I planned all the open runs to less than 200nm.

The run from Miami is around 1000nm miles (rough) The longest run is 163.5 NM from Turks and Cacios (PROVO) to Puerto Plata, DR. If you leave from Grand Turk you can shave some miles off. Fuel was easy to get, I did preplan everything but the only really needed in DomRep.

After you get to Puerto Rico is gets really easy you can run to the Virgin Islands then St Marten and beyond with no problems at all.

There we some guys on Puerto Rico who I met at Club Nautico who ran down from Miami in a 25 ft Grady White. It is very easy.

I did all the runs at night so I could have daylight for the port entrances and gave us more island time to have fun. I didn't want to waste daylight cruising in the open ocean. I set the cruise speed so we would be at the port or reef entrance at sunrise.

Miami to Nassu, Nassu to Cat Island, Cat Island to Rum Cay, Rum Cay to Provo, Provo to Puerto Plata, Puerto Plata to Bahia de Samana, Santa Barbara DR to San Juan PR. Easy stuff.
Were you in a diesel or gas boat? If you were using diesel, was gas available at all of your stops?

Steve
Old 02-07-2009, 02:36 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve H
Were you in a diesel or gas boat? If you were using diesel, was gas available at all of your stops?

Steve
Diesel, Gas was always availible. The guys I met did the run in a outboard Grady. In Puerto Plata I had fuel delivered.