Notices

cheap boats

Old 02-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cheap boats

if a guy does not respond to a low offer on a classified ad why would you send him another offer even lower than before ? If I was desperate I wound not be into boating . I sure wish I could buy a nice 29 fever for $26000.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
GB
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take it you don't own or followed their stock here resently...

Old 02-05-2009, 10:23 AM

Not sure I follow, but if someone sends a very low ball offer, I respond that, maybe this is not the type of boat that is right for you. I get chit like that all the time. Just lower your asking price until you reach an agreement with a buyer.

Just some advise, if you are getting many screwball offers, tell they to put into writing, with check in hand.

WILL
Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Registered

Great point Will. I am in real estate and we get HUNDEREDS of calls a week with dipchit offers. We don't even look at anything without a purchase agreement and a NON-refundable earnest money check for at least 5%. There are people out there with NO money kicking tires and playing games. We look at ALL offers also but only under the conditions I said above. If the buyer really has interest the will get the deal in writing. If they want to write a bunch of contingencies in the deal thats fine at least you know they are serious enough to put the deal in writing.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered

Default cheap boats

well for what its worth I sold the boat . listed for 39k , sold it for 35k
Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

nice
Old 02-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

Tim was that a single fever or twins? I'm looking to sell my Phantom in the spring and trying to get a feel for the 28-30 market so i can price it right.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the sale! I don't get it either. Not everyone who is selling a boat is doing it out of distress. I would sell mine yesterday and tomorrow I'd be buying something bigger. Yet everyone assumes I am in trouble because my boat is for sale. One guy offered me $75,000 LESS than my asking price. I asked him to please leave my property
Old 02-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NKissau
Congrats on the sale! I don't get it either. Not everyone who is selling a boat is doing it out of distress. I would sell mine yesterday and tomorrow I'd be buying something bigger. Yet everyone assumes I am in trouble because my boat is for sale. One guy offered me $75,000 LESS than my asking price. I asked him to please leave my property

Alot of people are in distress when selling a boat, the buyer has no way of know who is and who isn't. If you get that low ball offer simply tell him your not interested. The market really sets the conditions for price. What YOU think its worth does not mean it is worth that. I think prices over the last few years have really been inflated and they are coming back down to where they need/should be. NADA has done a good job to value boats at current market value so if your selling that is a great place to start with price.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:51 PM
GB
Registered

Congrats

Quick Reply: cheap boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.