Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Shadow Cat 30 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203006-shadow-cat-30-a.html)

Jose Rosario 02-10-2009 08:29 PM

Shadow Cat 30

Somebody have information about this boats . Run whith twin or triple mercurys y remenber the BOURDWALK i think Niki Cutro is the driver.

harley572 02-11-2009 07:33 AM

niki raced that shadow cat in the late 80sand early 90s. i think it was later called pensoil

Big Time 02-11-2009 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jose Rosario (Post 2797554)
Somebody have information about this boats . Run whith twin or triple mercurys y remenber the BOURDWALK i think Niki Cutro is the driver.

Nicky Cutro originally bought the boat from my dad who raced it under the name Black Duck. My dad raced it in the early 80's and Nicky took over in '85 and raced it into the 90's until he stuffed it in the worlds. Here is a pic of the boat under the Black Duck name

Big Time 02-11-2009 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by harley572 (Post 2797780)
niki raced that shadow cat in the late 80sand early 90s. i think it was later called pensoil

Nicky originally ran it under the name Boardwalk which was the name of his restaurant on Lake George NY. He later picked up a sponsorship from Pennzoil and ran it under that name at which point the boat was painted all yellow. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Big Time 02-11-2009 08:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Penzzoil Boat

DPT MOTORSPORTS 02-11-2009 10:23 AM

Ask T2X. He knows it all when it comes to Shadow and he should being he was the man behind it.

T2x 02-11-2009 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Big Time (Post 2797837)
Before and after pics as Penzzoil

If I see that picture one more time I am going to throw up.

That deck was not original in either shape or construction. It was put on AFTER the boat had a massive fire in a race in Michigan and the original deck ......burned off. After that kind of an inferno, the boat NEVER should have been run again IMHO.......... But somehow the boat gets dragged up as damaged due to a "stuff" at Key WEst. Truth is it should have been in a scrap yard a few years before that incident.

In Black Duck's original form and construction that wave in Key West would have created no damage at all.

T2x

Big Time 02-11-2009 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2797946)
If I see that picture one more time I am going to throw up.

That deck was not original in either shape or construction. It was put on AFTER the boat had a massive fire in a race in Michigan and the original deck ......burned off. After that kind of an inferno, the boat NEVER should have been run again IMHO.......... But somehow the boat gets dragged up as damaged due to a "stuff" at Key WEst. Truth is it should have been in a scrap yard a few years before that incident.

In Black Duck's original form and construction that wave in Key West would have created no damage at all.

T2x

Oh boy, hope I didn't touch a sore spot with you Rich :drink: But that is true, boat did catch on fire and I even remember seeing newspaper clipping of it on fire when I was a kid. There are very noticable differences in the boat if you look at the topside in the Pennzoil pic from the original BD days, but I could only find that one of it. I actually didn't know the reason for the changes, but now I know. :ernaehrung004:

T2x 02-11-2009 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Big Time (Post 2797951)
Oh boy, hope I didn't touch a sore spot with you Rich :drink: But that is true, boat did catch on fire and I even remember seeing newspaper clipping of it on fire when I was a kid. There are very noticable differences in the boat if you look at the topside in the Pennzoil pic from the original BD days, but I could only find that one of it. I actually didn't know the reason for the changes, but now I know. :ernaehrung004:

No problem..... I just feel the need to set the record straight every time I see that picture...and I see it often.

T2x

JTXPRESS 09-08-2009 11:56 AM

Joseito, Tu siempre preguntando por hombres, saludos Yoyo