Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Skaterfest II (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20303-skaterfest-ii.html)

T2x 03-17-2002 12:34 AM

Skaterfest II

We wanted to get this out as early as possible so plans could be made well in advance.................. Professional Marine Racing will once again host Skaterfest. The dates will be May 18th and 19th, 2002 at Lightning Jack's Marina , and other locations in the Brick Township , New Jersey area. Should the weather shape up as inclement for the two day event , rain dates will be May 25th and 26th, 2002. I realize that these dates conflict with some race dates....but, we have a narrow window between early season colder weather and later season boat traffic. This event will be a true joint effort involving a lot of people and groups. The first to step up in a big way was NJPPC........ creators of the classiest Poker Runs I've seen.

Plans for this event will include workshop sessions with respected designers, builders and personalities related to performance boating. Videos will play non-stop and a large still photo gallery will also be featured.

Skaters of all sizes will be on display, both on land and in the water, and we have already received affirmative answers from some pretty neat hull owners who plan on attending (details to follow). I will be sending out some personal invitations to owners of unique and interesting hulls, both Skaters and others.........We also welcome any and every performance boater to bring his or her pride and joy to the event.

One particularly interesting aspect of this event will be a painting and graphics expo, hosted by Sonny Croughn, "The King of the East Coast Customizers". George Linder will once again attend, this time prepared to field all of your set up and design questions.
We are currently chatting with a number of technical experts and performance/racing luminaries, who will add to the content and excitement of the event.

We will definitely have some boat rides, and we hope to have a chance to assist you in maximizing your boat with "hands on" sessions.

There will also be some social time set aside for the evenings with dinner and a party.

I will follow this with relavent hotel numbers , and directions in the coming days and weeks. In the meantime...pepper us with ideas...after all, you're the reason the event is being held.

Thanks and see you at Skaterfest II

T2x

Miller 03-17-2002 01:20 AM

As painful as this answer is, I will not be able to attend Skaterfest II. I have a wedding to attend out-of-town that weekend. I am already praying for rain as I've been looking forward to Skaterfest II ever since the first one back in October. :(

Regardless, I want to thank you Rich, the NJPPC, Professional Marine and all the others who have and will work to make this event as awesome as I know it will be. Believe me when I say that I am now very disappointed about this turn of events. :mad:

I am sure everyone will have a fun and informative couple of days.

T2x 03-17-2002 01:24 AM

Oh Mannnnnnn!!!!!! Miller, you were supposed to bring the ice!

Heck you can see a wedding anytime....but Skaterfest, now that's unique.

We'll miss you....I'll save you a slice of wake.

T2x

Miller 03-17-2002 01:31 AM

Believe me, I'm bummed. I'm actually thinking up excuses to get out of this wedding as I'm sitting here, even though I know I can't skip it. So, you can bet I'll be doing a rain dance everyday from now until the event, hoping that by some miracle I can attend.

Can I safely assume that your 28 will be ready to go by then? That thing is going to be pretty cool when it's done as it impressed the heck out of me before all the changes you started talking about making.

Are you going to attend the NYC Poker Run in June? If so, I'll make it a point to catch up with you and check out your boat again.

Say hello to Darren for me.

T2x 03-17-2002 08:06 AM

Miller:

As of today, my Skater is on track to be there....

Perhaps the young couple would consider getting married on it. I'll take it out 12 miles and pretend I'm a captain and able to perform marriages......... That line used to work , when I was a kid....... :p

Mike J 03-17-2002 01:58 PM

T2x: Just a Skater note,
The Skater for the record
run from San Francisco to
Long Beach California is
finished and ready to test
It has to make the run in
less than 5 hours.
If im not around im sure
Pat Weismann will post as
they are using his drives.
The Owner Koby Klein has a
weather service looking for a Window of good water
so KIDSTUF can make the
attempt.
Mike J.

Gassticks 03-17-2002 03:33 PM

T2X,
count me in again, Me and my Superboat will be there agian. Had to much fun last time to pass it up . so leave an open slip for me . (small one).:D :D :D

Toffen 03-17-2002 03:53 PM

Skaterfest II

Hi!

We will try to come over from Norway - Skater 28 owner now - but not yet tested it - too cold. Look forward to directions and adresses.

Cheers, Toffen & Heidi:cool:

36spectre 03-17-2002 06:32 PM

T2x, This year I won't miss this exciting event. I cried for days last year that we had a wedding to go to and I missed all the fun. The chance to make some new friends and spend some time with old friends won't be lost this year. Maybe Kurt will even have my boat finished by then :) . We just have to get together this year for you to take a ride on my boat and to tell me what you think. Otto

T2x 03-17-2002 06:41 PM

Norway??????? Wow!.... Toffen if you and Heidi make it we'll have a special event just for you.......

Directions, go due west , bear left at Iceland, pick up the Canadian Maritimes and follow the signs for NYC, call us when you get there and we'll guide you the rest of the way personally.

Seriously, if you do come we will be very glad to see you and will do everything we can to help you with your Skater.

Regards,

T2x

P.S. Miller, how about my wedding at sea idea?