NADA Price Guide. whats yours worth. >

NADA Price Guide. whats yours worth.

Notices

NADA Price Guide. whats yours worth.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
As everyone said its what the market demands, not some price in the book.

With boats its always pay a little now or a lot later. For just about any boat out there you can find one that fits the NADA guide pricing. Problem is the boat will be untouched and probably beat to chit. If anyone does upgrades to their boats there is no way they would accept nada pricing unless they are in a very tight spot.

Hell most of us have more $$$ into our motors than what nada lists for the whole boat. Take my Phantom. If someone wanted it for the nada recommended $15k i would have to strip it of the 700hp motor,drive, gauges, extension box, hydraulic steering and 380 tabs, etc first. Price how much it would cost to rebuild it to the current status and you have an idea why boats are priced what they are.
Im to the point now i dont really want to trust someones motor seems like most are not what they say they are. . but just like i said just because you put so much into them does not make them worth anything more. I think NADA is right on the money with what stuff is actually worth in condishion to be driven. I know a sh** ton of people that dump all kinds of money into a boat and can only maybe get 20% back and that with the boat price included.

I love that 29 of yours. just as the market is nothing is worth anything unlesss you can find the money to back it.

Last edited by slpcamaross97; 02-13-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

hey smith...
i keep a book of famous quotes...you just made an entry...with the check book one (the duct tape one's one we all know)
nice!
C
Old 02-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fair Market Value

As a marine surveyor...I can tell you that "Fair Market Value" is very hard to put a dollar amount on right now. Reposessed boats are selling at 50 to 70 per cent of their 2008 value. A close value is to use a BUC Book low value and deduct 25 per-cent...although depending on the manufacturer and type of boat this can vary widely. "It all depends"...Bad news: Economy and banks not doing boat loans. Good news: Buyers are telling me that they are buying the boat of their dreams at a huge discount.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just tried to get a price on Buc for a 36 skater...no price available , just like NADA. Where do lenders get values?
Old 02-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve is absolutely correct. The older boats, (1978, etc), need to be judged on their own merit rather than a book value. You need to get a surveyor who understands what he is looking at and knows what the value is of Chief 1200s or Stirling 950s.
Many boats I survey have no information available in any books. It's not always easy to determine what a boat is worth. Beware of a surveyor not willing to research what the equipment is worth.