Notices

Ilmor's new drive

Old 02-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Sorry I missed you. We talked a bit to Bob and Ian about your boat today.

One of these events we get a drink and talk shiit.
I can talk a bunch of ****
What you think of everything Cash??
Old 02-17-2009, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hats off to all at Ilmor....Competition is great.....lets get it on the race course.......
Old 02-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I think evereyone knows what I think about Ilmor the company & the product having owned 2 boats w/ their engines! First Class Bar None! Ilmor now offers a stock turnkey power package that is unmatched in technology & ingenuity. I only wish I was ordering a new boat so it could be outfitted w/ a pair of Gen IV 725's & Indy Drives. I'll get there somehow, someway!

Cash we missed one another again! Damn it! JacksonvillePR??

I think post #6 & #28 sum it up!
Ilmor is Committed to Excellence NOTHING LESS!
The black & blue guys are really just riding the wave of their past accomplishments! Look what Ilmor has done since 2004, where do you think they'll be w/ another 5 yrs under their belt?? Hmm!

Last edited by NASCAT; 02-17-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:17 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I was blown away by the knowledge and patience of the reps.
I agree, of all the different booth's and people I spoke to Ilmor was the absolute best, most knowledgeable, noncondescending peep's in the tunnel... they are EXTREMELY confident in their product, and have no reason not to be... this is world class stuff right here... right down to the submarine aquadynamic testing theory...
Old 02-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
I agree, of all the different booth's and people I spoke to Ilmor was the absolute best, most knowledgeable, noncondescending peep's in the tunnel... they are EXTREMELY confident in their product, and have no reason not to be... this is world class stuff right here... right down to the submarine aquadynamic testing theory...

Glad to hear you were impressed.

The Ilmor engineering team has more degrees than a Russian protractor.

Nascat put me in touch with the factory boys and let me tell you after a lifetime of dealing with the "M" & "E" brand of products Ilmor is simply a cut above, but they are coming from behind and they know it so each step they take is very calculated.

It takes valid market choices to stop manufacturers from playing the "drive bundle game" and I think well see that come to an immediate halt. Ilmors come to that table with just that along with an incredible line of product- and of course a boat load of Money.

Not slamming the others, they build good even great products, but the innovation and more importantly capable competition has been missing to keep everyone pushing forward.

Welcome to a new world of choices.

Uncle Dave
Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I SO wish that I was in the market to re-power my Formula. Then FossilFuel (and all the other 700/NXT 382's) would have their hands full!

This is a tough crowd here on OSO, and it looks like Ilmor's made a pretty good impression. Can't wait to see this stuff on the water this summer.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ILMORdude
Donzi is almost ready.........Should be a pretty nice package
O, NO.............

Nick, are you telling me that soon, Paul and I won't have the only twin Ilmor/Donzi boats? (excluding Ted's fine specimen)

I have been running the Ilmor motors for 2 years now, and like they say "Once you go Ilmor, you won't go back black!!". Not one single problem with those MV-10s.

I have people on the water that will chase me down, of course after I stop, and want to know what in the hell I am running in the boat?

Nick, I did get my sea pumps off and they had the blue impellers. Do they all have the blue impellers?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

not to butt in here on your post - blue impellers - globe marine products www.gcsmarine.com claim to run dry and have been out for years. phone# 781-871-3700
Old 02-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IlmorDonzi
O, NO.............

Nick, are you telling me that soon, Paul and I won't have the only twin Ilmor/Donzi boats? (excluding Ted's fine specimen)

I have been running the Ilmor motors for 2 years now, and like they say "Once you go Ilmor, you won't go back black!!". Not one single problem with those MV-10s.

I have people on the water that will chase me down, of course after I stop, and want to know what in the hell I am running in the boat?

Nick, I did get my sea pumps off and they had the blue impellers. Do they all have the blue impellers?

We have been sending out our engines with those for awhile now. And NO im not building a boat, maybe a 19ft Larson or something!! Haha
Old 02-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Registered

I have to second all the positive comments made regarding Ilmor and their display at the show. Very impressive package!

Quick Reply: Ilmor's new drive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.