Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT just got back from the gatornats. >

OT just got back from the gatornats.

Notices

OT just got back from the gatornats.

Old 03-17-2002, 09:07 PM
loosecannon22

Default OT just got back from the gatornats.

wow just got home from watching those things run and i have to say, boats are loud but these guys are pulling 6000 hp out of 8 cyls. when they launch your eyesight goes blurry from the power. I just found out that when one of the cyls goes down, they loose a COUPLE OF HUNDRED POUNDS OF THRUST from that side.
are you kidding me??? that much out of the exhaust alone?
I have an old 60's blown hemi car that i think is powerful. I figured it out that my entire engine wil not produce the power of one cyl in those suckers. wow
but being a dodge fan, it was a good day. Sterling marlin won and the hemi powered pro stock one
WHAT A GREAT DAY FOR DODGE
(it doesnt happen much so I love it when it does)

Old 03-17-2002, 09:11 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waa Waa Waa.........Boo Hoo..........we went down to the bridge to see if you were there.............oops.............somebody was watching friggin cars race........Sheeesh..........

Just Kiddin.........didn't have my boat out anyways........DAMNIT!!!!

Gotta hell of a sunburn though...........so did the new "twins"........first time out in the sun for them...
Old 03-17-2002, 09:14 PM
Charter Member #818
Charter Member

I just watched it on ESPN2. Great Racing! I am a MAC TOOLS Distributor so I have a special interest in the Gatornationals. Even if I wasn't, I still love to watch it.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:21 PM
boater31

Glad to hear you had fun. we had a great st. paddy's party (even w/ no boat!) i'll try to call ya tomorrow and give you the latest scoop.

Old 03-17-2002, 09:24 PM
loosecannon22

good for the twins shore,
I went out there with # 30 sunblock on my nose and 15 on my face. then the sun went behind us after high noon and guess what, I didnt put anything on the back of my neck.
so now I am a full blown RED NECK.
next weekend,,, hot rod show at the speedway, show up shore, i will have plenty of beer. look for the old hot rod with the blown hemi its hard to miss.
the traffic was pretty bad at the race, I never saw that many people go to the drags.
we flew in and our friend left a car at the gainsville airport for us so we only had to drive about 3 miles to the track. getting home only took about 20 minuets in the air to the back door of the house so we went out for a post race cocktail. what a day
but I did miss going boating

Last edited by loosecannon22; 03-17-2002 at 09:31 PM.

Old 03-17-2002, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I live 45 minutes from Racway park in English town NJ. I once saw a dragster break an exhaust pipe at the line when he reved it . With the air pressure blowing straight down out of the cylinder , It lifted the car about 2 feet off the ground and pushed it about 6 feet to the side ! THat is some serious pressure !

Nothing like Top Fuel !!
Old 03-17-2002, 10:18 PM
loosecannon22

I USE TO GO THER ALL THE TIME WHEN I LIVED IN NJ
THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME I WENT TO A RACE DOWN HERE, I LIKE E-TOWN BETTER ALL EXEPT THE ROAD TO THE TRACK THAT ONE SU--S

Old 03-17-2002, 10:27 PM
Registered

I was a motorsports photographer for about 6yrs. There is nothing like a good hit of nitro methane to get your day going! 12,000 horsepower within 30ft of you isnt bad either , In fact its awesome!!