Notices

Miami show vs Reailty

Old 02-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Quent
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miami show vs Reailty

I spent 9 hours in and outside of the convention center today and I must say that most of the stuff there is way over my head for potential purchase.

My pick of the show from items that I could truly, maybe, someday, buy would be the new Ilmor drive and some big cube aluminum LS small blocks, 600 to 750 hp with great torque.

From all the vendors that I spoke to, times are universally tough. Join the club.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quent
I spent 9 hours in and outside of the convention center today and I must say that most of the stuff there is way over my head for potential purchase.

My pick of the show from items that I could truly, maybe, someday, buy would be the new Ilmor drive and some big cube aluminum LS small blocks, 600 to 750 hp with great torque.

From all the vendors that I spoke to, times are universally tough. Join the club.

Yeah..If its out of your league its out of league for 97+% all guys. < ....thats a period there.

I wondered from way out here in LA ...... how many half million to unlimited dollar priced rides are really being sold today.

Seems like the buying market is really a bit downrange from that show - but its inspirational for sure.

As usual you cut through the BS like a laser through cream cheese.

"didn't see the drive yet.....

Uncle Dave
Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 PM

I think you need to admit that, the Miami show is the IT SHOW, bring the best. Even lets say mid size builders bring their most BLING products to that show. If your looking for what the upper 10% of Americans can afford it will most likely be at your local Boat show, (assuming you don't live in Miami)

Upper .01% is target market for that show, Hey and if that makes your head turn, go to the FT Lauderdale show with the Yachts they have ferrari's and Bentlys parked on floating docks, "special of the day buy this yacht get the ferrari for free :-)
Old 02-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quent

What's up, does Ilmor have their own drive?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
I think you need to admit that, the Miami show is the IT SHOW, bring the best. Even lets say mid size builders bring their most BLING products to that show. If your looking for what the upper 10% of Americans can afford it will most likely be at your local Boat show, (assuming you don't live in Miami)

Upper .01% is target market for that show, Hey and if that makes your head turn, go to the FT Lauderdale show with the Yachts they have ferrari's and Bentlys parked on floating docks, "special of the day buy this yacht get the ferrari for free :-)

I love it all from an aphrodisiac point of view....
No slam on the show per se--I agree-Its ultra high end.

To be fair Beverly Hills gives Miami it a pretty good run for the money in ferrari/Lambo-per capita comparison there is plenty of money out here.

At the same time my comment stands- I don't think that market is really is really moving much product.

Uncle Dave
Old 02-13-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
I love it all from an aphrodisiac point of view....
No slam on the show per se--I agree-Its ultra high end.

To be fair Beverly Hills gives Miami it a pretty good run for the money in ferrari/Lambo-per capita comparison there is plenty of money out here.

At the same time my comment stands- I don't think that market is really is really moving much product.

Uncle Dave
Agree on all points, and I am sure Beverly Hills, can keep up with the Miamian's or pass. Now they all just need to go spend some of the money.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would agree Miami is THE show to strut your stuff.

Until this year..

Judging by some of the VERY obvious fit and finish issues at the show, it appears many of the major players were on the fence about the show until just recently..
Old 02-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Quent
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ScottB, Agree. I was especially surprised at the Donzi offerings. They have always been first class. For the most part, these weren't. Their smaller boat was especially not like Donzis that I've seen.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 27ZR was the first of the new cabin/interior layout, and not finished yet..
Old 02-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I was shocked at the prices of some boats. I have been looking over some small center consoles in the 26' range. These small boats have base prices with the less HP outboards on them starting at $79-85K...WTF? After you add some needed options and bump up to the mid HP outboard you are close to $100k!!!!

Quick Reply: Miami show vs Reailty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.