Tempted to by Fountain Stock at this price

Notices

Tempted to by Fountain Stock at this price

Old 02-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Yep - you can tell just from looking back at the last few statements that they are working with him.....

You do have to wonder when they get worried. I would want my money back, but the marketing/PR stuff is all part of maintaining an ongoing business, so there are definitely 2 sides to that coin....
It's fun and all that, especially for Reggie. But in reality, this is a company that produced gross profits that just don't justify the lifestyle, nor the stock price it had that previous three years or so.

It's a business. Shareholders that gave the company all that money to go public are pretty much bust, unless they were the first ones out. There are real companies to invest in, even today.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm far from an investment expert, but did anyone else realize that the stock closed at $0.08 on Wednesday, yet Thursday's intraday high was $0.26? I'm kicking myself for not buying 62,500 shares yesterday (after reading this thread) for $5k, selling at $0.25 and recognizing a $10k + profit in 5-6 hours after the market opened . . . anyone else thinking the same?
Old 02-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cig35Mistress
I'm far from an investment expert, but did anyone else realize that the stock closed at $0.08 on Wednesday, yet Thursday's intraday high was $0.26? I'm kicking myself for not buying 62,500 shares yesterday (after reading this thread) for $5k, selling at $0.25 and recognizing a $10k + profit in 5-6 hours after the market opened . . . anyone else thinking the same?
Day trading is not for the faint at heart very tough way to try and make money

Last edited by klaw; 02-20-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered

My father and I used to day trade for years, after his first heart attack he couldn't go to the Bahamas to play blackjack, so he started playing the market instead. Did very well just watching CNBC and buying and selling whatever they were touting in the morning. Moral of the story, you are absolutely right, it's gambling and it's dicey at best!

I still think, and this is just my opinion, that it might be a worthwhile stock to day trade. As I said in my previous post, had I bought on Wednesday morning's open at eight cents, selling at a quarter . . . buying $5k again at nine cents on Thursday morning's open, selling at twelve cents and recognizing another $1600 gain. Monday, it should open at five cents again. Risky, but potentially profitable for a relatively small potential loss.

H
Old 02-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by isellpower
You'll loose that 12 cents for sure. I'm an energy trader so our market is a little different, but the chance of a 12 cent per share company doing anything but filing bankruptcy is slim and none. The chance of a stock under $5.00 not going bankrupt is somthing like 10-15%. Drop to under a dollar and you're in the 1% or less chance of survival. He'll go Ch 11 and take it private. By by 12 cents.....
I've heard that he has wanted to go back to Private for some time now...
Old 02-22-2009, 08:27 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FunHome
I've heard that he has wanted to go back to Private for some time now...
if he can't afford to buy it all for .08 and take it back private, then he's in more trouble than you think.. .08 isn't even the price of a stick of Double Bubble gum and you know how long that taste lasts..
Old 02-22-2009, 02:10 PM
Airking
VIP Member

Fountain Imfo

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...PB-944214.html
Old 02-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
if he can't afford to buy it all for .08 and take it back private, then he's in more trouble than you think.. .08 isn't even the price of a stick of Double Bubble gum and you know how long that taste lasts..
Yeah, 8 cents doesn't sound like much, nether does the market cap. But right now, it's the rough equivalent of buying a car for $100, and owing hundreds of thousands to get that deal. Fountain has no equity, and owes a ton of money. They might make a profit next year.

Figure out how much debt there is, how much you expect them to make, or lose the next three years, then divide by the shares outstanding and tell me if it equals 8 cents or not.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

My father and I used to day trade for years, after his first heart attack he couldn't go to the Bahamas to play blackjack, so he started playing the market instead. Did very well just watching CNBC and buying and selling whatever they were touting in the morning. Moral of the story, you are absolutely right, it's gambling and it's dicey at best!

I still think, and this is just my opinion, that it might be a worthwhile stock to day trade. As I said in my previous post, had I bought on Wednesday morning's open at eight cents, selling at a quarter . . . buying $5k again at nine cents on Thursday morning's open, selling at twelve cents and recognizing another $1600 gain. Monday, it should open at five cents again. Risky, but potentially profitable for a relatively small potential loss.

H
Fountain trades an average of 5500 a day. It much too thinly traded for you to have been able to buy 62k shares low and flip them higher.

As for trading, like most professional careers it requires a combination of experience, hard work, and talent in order to to be successful. Most people who try it and fail lacked one, two, or all three of those characteristics.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Registered

That's a very good point about the volume of stock traded. Although, on Wednesday when it ran up to $0.26 there were something like 48k shares traded. Tuesday had nearly 34k shares traded, and Thursday nearly 29k. Somebody must have had the same thought process as I did, and someone must have been there to buy his shares!

Quick Reply: Tempted to by Fountain Stock at this price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.