Sunsation's New XRT and Hilltop Marine >

Sunsation's New XRT and Hilltop Marine

Notices

Sunsation's New XRT and Hilltop Marine

Old 02-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
You must of seen it really clearly from England...
Yeh, righto. Bit of a fan eh? Believe it or not, It's awlfulness shows up quite clearly thanks to this modern wonder, the internet.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:46 AM
Registered

Well you know what they say...
Selling 4-5 at the Miami show however proves the "you know what they say" saying correct!
Not sure it'd be my taste but would like to see it in person, has seeing something in person has changed my taste buds before.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ZP'd
Well you know what they say...

Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. Just coz I don't like it doesn't make it wrong. I just sometimes feel that occasionally there's an element of "the kings new clothes" when a product has a real strong following.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That boat is very impressive in person. The pics make the dash look very cluttered. In person it really is incredible!

Great job Sunsation and congrats on the sales.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:09 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tony davis
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. Just coz I don't like it doesn't make it wrong. I just sometimes feel that occasionally there's an element of "the kings new clothes" when a product has a real strong following.
Good point, sort of the way I feel about the Sunseeker XS2000 but I saw one live to confirm I hated the look of the boat. As for the following part I have never owned a Sunsation.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:19 AM
Registered

I had the same feeling for the XS2000, I've got 2 friends with them, and I have to say that the build quality is awful, but the ride is incredible. The ride etc is down to the great man himself, Fabio, whilst the build quality is unfortunately down to us brits!!!

The first generation XS's weren't actually built (hull & deck) by Sunseeker, as they outsourced the work to Fletchers, which is our equivalent to your Bayliner/Gastron/Larson etc.

Having had a good look round one recently, I'm suprised, and shocked that although they use quite exotic materials, Kevlar, Arromat etc, they don't bond the hull to deck join!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tony davis
They are smart buisness people, and they are not afraid to push the envelope. They treat people as they want to be treated, if your a Customer or not. They don't bash the competitor but rather embrace them and compliment them.
There is a strong following, the "I got your backside" family type following and that is a given. People can say what they want about the boats but the people behind them are always nothing but first class human beings first, that just happen to build some very good product. A nice change of pace considering some of the slime the marine buisness seems to attract at various times. Some times the good guys do come out on top in the end.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

In the dash pics it looks like it could be a bit of a stretch to climb up to the deck? Are there any steps?
Old 02-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
In the dash pics it looks like it could be a bit of a stretch to climb up to the deck? Are there any steps?
Actually Wayne took that into consideration when designing the dash layout and he redesinged the step on the kickpanel and put two clearly marked step pads to aid in accessing the deck.

I would like to thank everyone for your compliments and your constructive criticism. Without either Sunsation would not be where we are at today. We value every opinion/suggestion like they are our own.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this year at upcoming poker runs and shows. Wishing you all a great year!
Attached Thumbnails Sunsation's New XRT and Hilltop Marine-dscf3401.jpg   Sunsation's New XRT and Hilltop Marine-dscf3394.jpg   Sunsation's New XRT and Hilltop Marine-dscf3400.jpg  

Old 02-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the body lines, dash lines and paint scheme. Colors on dash is way to busy for my taste

Quick Reply: Sunsation's New XRT and Hilltop Marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.