Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How come people dont admit theyre in trouble and need to sell?? >

How come people dont admit theyre in trouble and need to sell??

Notices

How come people dont admit theyre in trouble and need to sell??

Old 02-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts
Default How come people dont admit theyre in trouble and need to sell??

How come when you talk to somebody who is selling something thet wont be up front and tell you when they really need out of something. Ive talked to a couple people about boats and they claim they dont need to sell, then later the boat shows up on a repo site........I think if they were more up front and said they needed to do this or that to save their credit it would work out a lot better for them.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PRIDE.... You are on top... Life is good.. Things are going your way then..... BAM it turns for the worse... Everyone always looked up to you and admired you for all that you have "accomplished"...

Its hard for someone to admit things are bad... You think to yourself... I have done this and I can fix this... sometimes it is a little too late... Some guys just can't ask for help or admit that things are not the picture that has been painted for everyone....

And I could be 100% wrong too...

Sounds good though!!!

Just my .02
Old 02-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Definetly PRIDE!! Well said by mmareno!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

toys+loans=YOU LOSE
Old 02-17-2009, 11:20 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I find this interesting. From a different angle of view... Why does a buyer need to know the financial aspect of the seller. Seems to me that the buyer should be concerned with the condition of the item being sold and determine a value based on that.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

If they owe more on it than they can sell it for and can't cover the difference then it really doesn't matter. If they need out of it, then chnaces are they've already reduced their price as much as they can to pay it off.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

agreed . . pride. And to be perfectly honest if your angle on getting a person down on their asking price is the fact that they may be in financial trouble dont fool yourself into thinking you are doing them the favor. Start by dealing with the actual value of the boat and treating it fairly. Personally i would let the bank take it before i let someone steal it on my hard luck if that was their approach.

Sport this is not directed at you but does bring up a good point. I just can stand selling anything these days is it seems everyone automatically assumes you are hard up for cash. Seems most prevalent on ebay.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glassdave
agreed . . pride. And to be perfectly honest if your angle on getting a person down on their asking price is the fact that they may be in financial trouble dont fool yourself into thinking you are doing them the favor. Start by dealing with the actual value of the boat and treating it fairly. Personally i would let the bank take it before i let someone steal it on my hard luck if that was their approach.

Sport this is not directed at you but does bring up a good point. I just can stand selling anything these days is it seems everyone automatically assumes you are hard up for cash. Seems most prevalent on ebay.
I am with you on that.. I was selling some stuff and had some people just insult me with a low ball offer... I laughed and said I will melt them down before I give them away... But you are right.. "Some" people see it as " oh he must need the cash".. I am in the process of buying a 3 new company trucks... I told the sales guy... I don't expect them for free.. But I do not want to help you catch up on the bills for the last few months either.. I looked at Chevy, Ford and dodge.. I told them Best deal does it.. I am not looking for free BUT...BE fair to me too. ...........He who helps me now will be remembered when I need more!!
Old 02-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

I understand what you are all saying but from the sellers point of view in order to stay in good financial standing, if I had a buyer and time was running short, I would bend over backwards to try and make it work somehow. Do whatever you have to do, get your buyer in touch with your bank or whatever you have to do to keep it out of repossesion.....I talked to one guy with a boat and his exact words were "for anything less than that price ill just keep it," but I guess the bank had other plans for the boat because he didnt keep it and it showed up in a repo yard.

Last edited by 302Sport; 02-17-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If a buyer knows you are hurting for cash they may make you a lower offer hoping for a good deal on your misfortune. And if you are hurting, you may take that deal when you could have possibly gotten a little more, well needed, cash...I think a buyer wanting to know why an item is for sale is reasonable, alot of suspicion could come from the answer to that question.

My worthless .02

Quick Reply: How come people dont admit theyre in trouble and need to sell??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.