Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Herring Props (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203516-herring-props.html)

gofastlvr 02-19-2009 10:41 AM

Herring Props

Has anyone dealt with Herring since they sold. I know they have an exchange program now and a one year warranty on their props. Their Offshore props for #6's are very comparable in cost to Merc CNC, not to mention they look great!

I have always heard great things about them but wanted to know if anyone had any recent experience since their new owner took over?

pm203 02-19-2009 10:47 AM

I have and they are awesome. They are much easier to get a hold of and have called me back and emailed me several times. (even while they were in Miami at the show !)Their props are incredible and their customer service is second to none.

CB-BLR 02-19-2009 10:59 AM

x2 vote for the new Hering company. Customer service is exceptional, and the product is simply amazing.

Chris

smiklos@sunprint 02-19-2009 01:29 PM

Great Company

And I think now a little easier to get product.
Steve

KiloKat 02-19-2009 05:12 PM

Think their props are excellent but don't agree that their customer service is any better than before the purchase. They have had a forged prop of mine for almost a year now - in for a repair - and nothing from them except promises. For those of you that dealt with Hering in the past, this is exactly how it used to be.
Left a message with Scott Conrad yesterday. Will see if that helps.

BradH 02-19-2009 05:20 PM

I wonder what contributed to the cost reduction.

ToMorrow44 02-19-2009 09:47 PM

They returned my phone call promptly and were very helpful answering questions.
-Tom

gofastlvr 03-06-2009 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by BradH (Post 2804145)
I wonder what contributed to the cost reduction.

It's my understanding that it sold out and became more of a "production" type operation instead of a custom shop. I do think they kept the original owner for R&D.

Young Performance 03-06-2009 08:19 AM

I recently bought a set for a project I'm doing. The props were too small so they told me to send them back immediately. They do not have the correct size in stock so they are building a set. So far I am very pleased with the quick responses from them. Would not hesitate to use them again.
Eddie

KEPP 03-06-2009 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by gofastlvr (Post 2803785)
Has anyone dealt with Herring since they sold. I know they have an exchange program now and a one year warranty on their props. Their Offshore props for #6's are very comparable in cost to Merc CNC, not to mention they look great!

I have always heard great things about them but wanted to know if anyone had any recent experience since their new owner took over?

Jeff @ Herring is a great guy I have dealt with him for years he's as good as they get.