Motor Damage During Shipping ?????? >

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Notices

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Old 02-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
I had 2 blowers shipped and paid $300.00 for packing and shipping. When they arrived the flame arrestors where smashed and one of the blower noses were sticking out of the box. UPS denied the claim as they were packed in linen boxes with peanuts and the idiot I bought them from refused to pay.
idiot I bought them from refused to pay
NOT GOOD .....

I just Sold some blowers to a OSO brutha and they were taken off the dyno by the same engine bldr and boxed and shipped to Pampano Beach Fl upon arrival to buyer i was informed that blower was missing teflon and in need of help.. I am eating the 400.00 tab to re-fresh & restrip and was never informed before boxing & shipping but still gotta make it right... Gotta treat people like you would want to be treated , not take there $$$$$$ and not take calls, or return them ..thats PIZZ POOR business
Old 02-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by daredevil
Damn,,,u whant me to get it back forya ?
OY YEAH ................. we'll have to drive you know they have metal detectors in Airports now ....
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by daredevil
$hit,,,,don't tell me my motor leaks ?????

If u need me ,,let me know !
Thnx Scott and as you mentioned earlier i had nothing to do with packing,or crating, just paying the bill ...and 24 hours +plus for a return phone call is un called for .... I'll keep ya posted BIG Daddy gonna drop her off at ATECO a Local shop thats 40 mins from me and he can get her fixed back up again for me so she can be put back where she belongs back in the SKATER ....
Old 02-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
idiot I bought them from refused to pay
NOT GOOD .....

I just Sold some blowers to a OSO brutha and they were taken off the dyno by the same engine bldr and boxed and shipped to Pampano Beach Fl upon arrival to buyer i was informed that blower was missing teflon and in need of help.. I am eating the 400.00 tab to re-fresh & restrip and was never informed before boxing & shipping but still gotta make it right... Gotta treat people like you would want to be treated , not take there $$$$$$ and not take calls, or return them ..thats PIZZ POOR business

I just sold a pair of 540/600hp motors out of my boat.. A marine mechanic helped with the deal.. He wrote some papers for us saying that I would be responsible until he did a compression and leak down.. I agreed... We pulled the motors and dropped them off. About a week later he told me two valves were leaking. Compression perfect accross the board. I told him to send all the heads out and have them gone through.. The motors have 22 hours on them..

The new owner was alittle "Miffed".. I told him that I am having both motors looked at.. The machine shop said he could do a 3 angle valve job and something else.. The marine mechanic called me ( middleman in the deal). I called the machine shop myself. Gave them my credit card.. Told them to call me when it was complete but to put the tab on that card and order new gaskets for the guy. Told the mechanic to let me know what he wants to put the heads back on the motor to get them back to square one..

Got a email for the new owner of the motors today:

THANKS..................... THANKS.......

FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Thats all it said.... You gotta do right by people or it will come back ONE day... Maybe not anytime soon but ONE day it will come full circle... World is too small...

You will get your day... ONE DAY... But you will get it!!

Good luck!!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:31 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Bill, I've seen the pic, I see the oil, but where is it coming from ??? Did a fitting break? or what? Where's the oil coming from ? Can't tell from your pic.

If it's a line or fitting, or something fairly simple, give me a call, I'll stop by and help ya get er fixed up. I wanna hear them bad boys run in that Skater.........BIG DADDY !!!
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mmareno
I just sold a pair of 540/600hp motors out of my boat.. A marine mechanic helped with the deal.. He wrote some papers for us saying that I would be responsible until he did a compression and leak down.. I agreed... We pulled the motors and dropped them off. About a week later he told me two valves were leaking. Compression perfect accross the board. I told him to send all the heads out and have them gone through.. The motors have 22 hours on them..

The new owner was alittle "Miffed".. I told him that I am having both motors looked at.. The machine shop said he could do a 3 angle valve job and something else.. The marine mechanic called me ( middleman in the deal). I called the machine shop myself. Gave them my credit card.. Told them to call me when it was complete but to put the tab on that card and order new gaskets for the guy. Told the mechanic to let me know what he wants to put the heads back on the motor to get them back to square one..

Got a email for the new owner of the motors today:

THANKS..................... THANKS.......

FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Thats all it said.... You gotta do right by people or it will come back ONE day... Maybe not anytime soon but ONE day it will come full circle... World is too small...

You will get your day... ONE DAY... But you will get it!!

Good luck!!
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 10x
Bill, I've seen the pic, I see the oil, but where is it coming from ??? Did a fitting break? or what? Where's the oil coming from ? Can't tell from your pic.

If it's a line or fitting, or something fairly simple, give me a call, I'll stop by and help ya get er fixed up. I wanna hear them bad boys run in that Skater.........BIG DADDY !!!
Eickert pump/pan/broken Oil tube ...

OH THEY WILL RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:50 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Eickert pump/pan/broken Oil tube ...

OH THEY WILL RUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy $hit BIG DADDY !!! No wonder you're so pizzed off, I'd be too. Well, so much for the idea of changing a fitting.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 02-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that bad, if its the builder call him out if he boxed everything up. did the pics show up I didn't understand your last post on the other thread, I just should of over nited it. I was hoping you would like the pic of the ol sample rug. Igot to get a skater/cig/baja done just spend the money to make the samples and if I never sell a cockpit rug or cabin I will have nice wall hangings for the barroom or tv room or game room one them since they all need to be redone. but keep us posted how you make out let me know if you have or have not goten it yet. Isent it 3day I thought.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Bill,
I ship all of my engines with Fedex Freight and they have been great. If the crate isn't damaged, it falls on who packaged it. It should have been secured better. You should see my crates. They are damn near bulletproof. They have to be with these shipping companies.
I shipped a pair of engines to Ca. with Bax Global. They put a forklift fork through the side of the crate and through the valve cover. Pieces of the valve cover made it down through the heads and into the lifter valley. From there some pieces went all the way to the pan. It was a 598 ci with 2.3 quadrotors. I had to remove the blowers and intake, oil pan, etc to clean it all out. I was still a nervous wreck that I didn't get it all. I flew to CA. to do it. I had it sent to a local shop and I flew out to fix it myself. Bax only paid for the valve cover. They would not pay any labor to fix it. The cover was the only actual broken part.However, it cost me a couple grand to fix it.(plane ticket, rental car, hotel, etc) They were insured for 30K each since that was Bax's maximum. I got about $300 from them for the cover. Needless to say, I never shipped with them again. Sorry for your trouble. Call me if I can help in any way. Good luck.
Eddie

Quick Reply: Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.