Motor Damage During Shipping ?????? >

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Notices

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Old 02-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Bill, What was damaged ?? Ya know what they say.......... If ya want it done right, ya gotta do it yourself. Pretty phuckin sad, but I've learned that alot lately.
So true, so true. ::
Old 02-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Pit
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Phuch ya gotta do it yourself. Pretty phuckin sad OH YEAH ....... Believe me BIG Daddy if i knew what it was gonna cost for the crates, packaging,putting the motors in crates, and this chit .. I dont even give a chit about the shipping charges... But for sure i would of sent the Bill Jr to pick them up

Call ya in the morn Frankie tooooo much G@@se today gunna hit the floor pretty hard

That is the best way to forget that people are F*!#ing you.. Hope it all works out.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have sent 4 complete engines to the mid-west from the east coast. 598 14-71 motor plates installed and we made support brackets with mounting plates for one bolt in each corner a total of 4. and also crated the engines with plywood with 2x4 studs to secure the plywood to. It seems to me that someone was in a hurry and didn't care about the out-come. SORRY to hear about it. Stuff like that effects all of us in business. There is no excuse for 2 bolts holding those engines!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pit
That is the best way to forget that people are F*!#ing you.. Hope it all works out.

That is the best way to forget that people are F*!#ing you

Until morning then i'll remember again ....

Thnx Bro
Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MER Performance
I have sent 4 complete engines to the mid-west from the east coast. 598 14-71 motor plates installed and we made support brackets with mounting plates for one bolt in each corner a total of 4. and also crated the engines with plywood with 2x4 studs to secure the plywood to. It seems to me that someone was in a hurry and didn't care about the out-come. SORRY to hear about it. Stuff like that effects all of us in business. There is no excuse for 2 bolts holding those engines!
It seems to me that someone was in a hurry and didn't care about the out-come.
I here ya BIG Daddy but trying not to think that way ....

YET !
Old 02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Registered

Did the dock lines make it ok?

I say phuck karma, out the bastards so they can be avoided.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by handfulz28
Did the dock lines make it ok?

I say phuck karma, out the bastards so they can be avoided.
out the bastards so they can be avoided
I like that but im trying to keep my blood pressure down, and BAIL bond card in my pocket

Got the lines and thnx again Bro
Old 02-20-2009, 05:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 10x
Bill, What was damaged ?? Ya know what they say.......... If ya want it done right, ya gotta do it yourself. Pretty phuckin sad, but I've learned that alot lately.

What was the actual damage?
Old 02-20-2009, 06:20 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the crates looked good upon arrival, I would say the shipper is responsible, not the carrier. If the carrier mishandled them, the crates would most likely be damaged. The shipper is the one that secured them in the crates. If the engines were damaged and not the crates, then the engines were not secured properly in the crates. It's easier to go after the shipper since when you signed the bill of lading you only agreed that the crates looked undamaged when they arrived. The carrier will not let you open them to inspect the freight until you sign.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:55 AM
Registered

Default Shipping

I ship engines daily with many ltl carrriers. First, you must class the product correctly and insure the shipment for replacement value. I have had claims with all carriers. Some worked out better than others. Most of the time they want to repair the product, which is not an option with my products. I usually submit a retail bill and get reimbursed enough to replace the product. YOU MUST have pictures of the damage and have the damage noted by the driver upon delivery on the bill of laden. If you do not do this........you are screwed no matter what. I do so much shipping, my local sales rep. will usually step in and help out.

Quick Reply: Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.