Motor Damage During Shipping ?????? >

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Notices

Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Old 02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
$hit,,,,don't tell me my motor leaks ?????

If u need me ,,let me know !
nothing a gallon of JB WELD cant seal up ....
got any ???
Attached Thumbnails Motor Damage During Shipping ??????-broke-oil-motor-010.jpg  
Old 02-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bowtie
If the crates looked good upon arrival, I would say the shipper is responsible, not the carrier. If the carrier mishandled them, the crates would most likely be damaged. The shipper is the one that secured them in the crates. If the engines were damaged and not the crates, then the engines were not secured properly in the crates. It's easier to go after the shipper since when you signed the bill of lading you only agreed that the crates looked undamaged when they arrived. The carrier will not let you open them to inspect the freight until you sign.
If the crates looked good upon arrival, I would say the shipper is responsible .....
Old 02-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NOMOGOFAST
I ship engines daily with many ltl carrriers. First, you must class the product correctly and insure the shipment for replacement value. I have had claims with all carriers. Some worked out better than others. Most of the time they want to repair the product, which is not an option with my products. I usually submit a retail bill and get reimbursed enough to replace the product. YOU MUST have pictures of the damage and have the damage noted by the driver upon delivery on the bill of laden. If you do not do this........you are screwed no matter what. I do so much shipping, my local sales rep. will usually step in and help out.
you are screwed no matter what.
Dayum Bro not what i wanted to hear on a friday morn ...
Old 02-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Banned

By the look of taht pic,,,that is very unprofesenial !!!

Damn ,i would not pay for that !!!!
Already did Bank wires sent 2 weeks ago PAID IN FULL
Old 02-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Banned

Damn,,,u whant me to get it back forya ?
Well its 9.35 out there and gettin close to 24 hrs waiting on a return call ... I want to be told by the Big Dog that its mine and EAT IT ... on monday he called and said he was paying and overniting parts and yesterday WERe not paying ....
Old 02-20-2009, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just from the limited info I can gather here, if the crates didn't have a scratch on them, it wasn't the carriers fault. Trust me if a carrier usually tears up something you will know it, Forklift forks run through crates, crates smashed, and so on.

It appears to me the damage was due to poor packing????

However I got to be honest with you, those look like pretty expensive motors, I would have never sent them motor freight.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Just from the limited info I can gather here, if the crates didn't have a scratch on them, it wasn't the carriers fault. Trust me if a carrier usually tears up something you will know it, Forklift forks run through crates, crates smashed, and so on.

It appears to me the damage was due to poor packing????

However I got to be honest with you, those look like pretty expensive motors, I would have never sent them motor freight.
I would have never sent them motor freight.
Baja i have used FED EX National for transmissions,drives,motors, and theve done an awesome job ...i have in the past sent 598s with 1471s on a pallet with 2 ratchet straps and shrink wrapped with no problem ... when i was told have to be crated,have to be packaged,have to be set in crates and bolted,have to weld and refab engine cradles for the journey and pay the bill ...i would think i had not a worry in the world
Old 02-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I had damage to an engine. I bought an engine from someone. They had their shop crate and pack the engine in a mercury engine crate. The engine was shipped FedEx. Arrived at my mechanics. We opened the crate and the engine was completely off the mounts. The front of the engine was damaged. I sent pictures and called the seller to tell them about the problem. They said they would take care of. The quote for the damage was $2200. I contacted the seller who contacted Fedex. Fedex would only cover 50 cents on the pound since the seller didn't insure the engine. So, I got about $500. I contacted Fedex. They said they couldn't do anything else for me since the paper work was in the seller's name. They said contact the seller. I tried to contact the seller many times. He would not answer my call or emails. I looked into a small claims suit. The only issue was the seller was in another state and would cost to much money to persue.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I shipped a package to a customer with UPS, insured it for $10,000.00. The package was busted open and some parts were missing (everything was double boxed). UPS did an investigation then told me it was not their problem, I had to deal with their insurance company. The insurance refused to pay. I took UPS to small claims only for what was missing ($7,500.00), I won they case, UPS appealed, and the case went to superior court. The judge not only gave me what I won but another $2,000.00 punitive because of their aditute and wasting the courts time.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98Lex86us
Yes, I had damage to an engine. I bought an engine from someone. They had their shop crate and pack the engine in a mercury engine crate. The engine was shipped FedEx. Arrived at my mechanics. We opened the crate and the engine was completely off the mounts. The front of the engine was damaged. I sent pictures and called the seller to tell them about the problem. They said they would take care of. The quote for the damage was $2200. I contacted the seller who contacted Fedex. Fedex would only cover 50 cents on the pound since the seller didn't insure the engine. So, I got about $500. I contacted Fedex. They said they couldn't do anything else for me since the paper work was in the seller's name. They said contact the seller. I tried to contact the seller many times. He would not answer my call or emails. I looked into a small claims suit. The only issue was the seller was in another state and would cost to much money to persue.
The only issue was the seller was in another state and would cost to much money to persue. I here ya BIG Daddy but KARMA is a B!@TCH

Quick Reply: Motor Damage During Shipping ??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.