Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hideaway Marina Competitors-"Pot Calling the Kettle Black" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203548-hideaway-marina-competitors-pot-calling-kettle-black.html)

glassman11 02-19-2009 07:47 PM

Hideaway Marina Competitors-"Pot Calling the Kettle Black"

The new sales pitch I'm hearing from competitors trying to entice away Hideaway Marine customers is "The Hideaway Owner is a Crook". Be careful my friends. The charges against the owner and ONLY THE OWNER pertain to the sale of some boats, not to the marina operations which are run by the employees. I am not defending the owner by any means. But realize in all probability there will be a new owner in a very short time.
Some of these naive people saying this are conveniently forgetting the fact that their own marina "owners" are, or have recently been involved with documented and questionable boat sale and dealership practices themselves. Or, Have a reputation of not paying their bills to struggling vendors in our industry. Or, are using questionable means in trying to obtain financing. Don't be the "Pot Calling the Kettle Black".
Hideaway Marina and most of their employees, their service department and boat storage have always been upfront and well thought of. The Marina has a national following and their service department is one of the best in servicing performance boats. This cannot be said of some of their competitors, especially those who are known to have failed miserably in providing quality service for their customers in our South Florida area.

Back4More 02-19-2009 07:53 PM

"boat sale criminality, not Marina criminality" Wh:confused:t?

glassman11 02-19-2009 07:58 PM

I probably didn't express myself too good on that one.

I meant the charges against him pertain to boat sales, boat deposits, and such. Not on Marina storage or service related issues. Marina operations and boat sales operations are separate entities.

Jupiter Sunsation 02-19-2009 08:03 PM

I was there this week in person and saw no less than 6 boats that were going on the boat show poker run this weekend including a 08 44 SL Outerlimits. Joe Pasuit and staff have always been great to deal with and he has been with the marina for 20 years (through 5 owners). They are also top ranked statewide in the Mercury customer satisfaction surveys also.

Weird post from Glassman, but maybe he just wasn't expressing himself 100%.......

glassman11 02-19-2009 08:14 PM

I changed the first post.....I hope you get my meaning. I was trying to separate what the owner is accused of regarding specific boat sales...with the ongoing marina operations and the employees who work hard to make that marina what it is. The employees and the marina itself deserve support.

I agree with you 100% Jupiter Sunsation