Notices

Herbst Skater

Old 02-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by isellpower
I was seriously interested in sending them an offer of 250K until I read this and then made a few phone calls and asked if it could be true. The answer I got was 50-100K per year not including the fact that my F350 isn't capable of hauling it. I can afford to buy it, but I in no way can afford to own it. Back to shopping for my 525 36 Nor Tech with #6's or asd's.
How much does the boat and trailer weigh?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Registered

I was seriously interested in sending them an offer of 250K until I read this and then made a few phone calls and asked if it could be true. The answer I got was 50-100K per year not including the fact that my F350 isn't capable of hauling it. I can afford to buy it, but I in no way can afford to own it. Back to shopping for my 525 36 Nor Tech with #6's or asd's.
I'm sorry, but 50-100k a year???? That is crazy. If it has fresh trannys and engines you can go a full year with just gas, oil changes, and adjusting the valves..........
On the flip side, if you smoke something, engine, drive, transmission, it's gonna cost you money.
A 46 Skater is a beast, period.........ask Byrdman. You will need at least 3 people to help you launch and retrieve it. Pulling into your favorite little cove??? Forget it.
Family boat??? Forget it
Easy to tow?? Forget it
OWN anything around.......yep.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Heck Seahawk Phil tows a straigh hull 'Gun with a 1500 Dodge... Just becuase it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it...

My buddy does have a really nice crew cab F650 for sale though...
Old 02-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DrewDown
How much does the boat and trailer weigh?
13-14K
Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WildWarrior
Thanks for thinking of us Bill ,that is one beautiful rig but I have to agree with Rudy, way to much boat for our 50 to 100 mile Cheapskate Bay adventures.

We want to keep the weight down and the beam in the 11' range to fit my current high lift.

Hate to see this happen to people, it's a shame to have to give that boat away,what a deal !
Your Welcome BIG Daddy
Dont get cheap on us Glenn Buy this Badd Dawg and Rudy can put your Talon motors in my 40 and send the 46 this way and will work out the minor details...
Old 02-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Registered

You could probably buy it, and swap for more reliable but smaller power to someone?

Trade in on a new truck, sales are hurtin and deals are good.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bet you could get a smokin' deal on this too - won't pull it with an F650, but I bet it will get around on it's own bottom just fine...

http://www.yachtforums.com/forums/ya...-terrible.html
Old 02-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
Bet you could get a smokin' deal on this too - won't pull it with an F650, but I bet it will get around on it's own bottom just fine...

I heard a story (a bit of Newport folklore?) that when they brought that boat home and docked it in front of their house their neigbor flipped (ruined his view). And that the Herbsts basically just wrote the guy a check and bought his house. Anyone know if that's a true story?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
I heard a story (a bit of Newport folklore?) that when they brought that boat home and docked it in front of their house their neigbor flipped (ruined his view). And that the Herbsts basically just wrote the guy a check and bought his house. Anyone know if that's a true story?
Something like that....when you need more space just buy it
Old 02-23-2009, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DoTheMath

Are you kidding me,how much is or I guess was this guy worth??????

Quick Reply: Herbst Skater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.