Notices

Herbst Skater

Old 02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Heck Seahawk Phil tows a straigh hull 'Gun with a 1500 Dodge... Just becuase it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it...

My buddy does have a really nice crew cab F650 for sale though...

Shoot Dude I'd give it a shot with the 350 by myself, but not with my wife and my 2, 3 and 5 year old's in the truck with me.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by isellpower
Shoot Dude I'd give it a shot with the 350 by myself, but not with my wife and my 2, 3 and 5 year old's in the truck with me.
I was mostly just messing around on that... I mean it's true, but he only tows about 3 miles on surface streets. We used the 650 to come out your way and pick up Griff's old Pantera...
Old 02-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
$100k a season sounds really high afor a pleasure boat, as does the engine re-builds for $50k a season.

To freshen a set of Sterlings the cost has come way down. Ed (former VP of Sterling) and Joe (of Sterling and Ilmor fame) have started their own company, Champion Performance, a few years ago and do the builds for considerably less.

The last set through there required the standard stuff like bearings, belts, valves, cams, etc. PLUS items such as new pistons, starters, new intercooler, blower rebuild and snout, and the cost still came in under $18k a side. A normal rebuild should be under $15k a side.

Keep in mind this build was for PSI blower motors that made 1465hp. Each build is a case by case based on what is needed. Obviously with proper maintenance you will get more hours as well have less to replace on rebuilds.

Just thought i would throw that out there....someone is going to get a killer deal on this boat for sure.
Doesn't it cost somewhere around 7-8K to rebuild a 502MAG?
Old 02-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Registered

Last edited by stainless; 02-25-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Registered

did anyone buy this??????
Old 03-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Registered

I thought I'd read that a dealer at Cumberland or LOTO bought it?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:36 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

loto
Old 03-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
OK, if you are actually going to use the boat meaning 75 hours a season times two seasons and your up to 150 hours and time for a complete overhaul.

Now if you don't mind breaking down then you could get by cheaper, but to maintain it and have it hopefully run trouble free it takes bucks.

Price comes from, Insurance 12K X 2years= 24K, Drives 4K, Exhaust 4K, Tranies 3K, Engines at 75 need uppers then at 150 full rebuild 15K then 40K, Paint and interior touch up 10K, Valve lash and oil change, filters every 15 hours for two years (2K each time) = 20K, R&R of engines and components 10K, Fuel 15K for 150 hours, Docking Entertainment ????, Trailer ???, Tow vehicle ????

Known cost if you are actually going to use the boat and have it serviced properly are 145K for two years, not including unknowns and entertainment using the boat, god for bid you put bad fuel in or actually break something.

Not to be a downer but this is the same god dam reason the housing market is ****ed. People are uneducated about what it cost after you buy, and then you better factor in a reserve stash for problems, because remember not much is warrantied at this HP, and to dock a 46 skater with a child is dangerous and especially if you have crash boxes are you just going to gamble god will make sure theres no wind at the ramp.

First time I've vented on any site but people really need to get a clue. Now if you don't use your boat then costs are much less. I use my boat every weekend and the cost mentioned above are on the low side of what I pay. I figure pay now or pay later with big power.

I have no clue.
But what I do have is a 46 Skater with Turbines that I
Built and maintain for not even close to what your paying.

Spend the least and get the most!

Oh and buy the way my 110 lb girl and I can dock the
tub.

God Bless the check writers.

Last edited by KNOT-RIGHT; 03-12-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: I have issues
Old 03-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Registered

Angry

Originally Posted by lowblue320
did anyone buy this??????
I was going to buy it until the owner F****D me.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:20 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by anchor
I was going to buy it until the owner F****D me.

DO TELL...

Quick Reply: Herbst Skater

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.