Notices

Lake Havasu RACE April 26

Old 02-22-2009, 08:11 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lake Havasu RACE April 26

I got this email recently, We will be there running P1 with the AVR!!!!! and hopefully P2 with a new project...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The Lake Havasu Race is a go. The event will be held Sunday April 26th. Yes, the same weekend as the Desert Storm Poker Run. What a way to kick off the season. If you didn't go last year, you missed out. Hundreds of boats lined the course and thousands of fans were left screaming for more. This year's race will be on Sunday. I will update all of you with race information (hotles, schedule, etc.) when I recieve it. Please check the website for information as well.

If you know of anyone that might be interesting in racing "P" Class, this is the event to have them come to. The weather is great, the fans are wild and it's a perfect venue for a first time racer.

I know that times are tough, for all of us. Please find a way to make this event. You won't be dissapointed. I have 25 potential boats for the 2009 Season. If you can find time in your busy schedules, can you e-mail me back to let me know if you plan on attending / or not?

www.pacificoffshore.com

pat W
Attached Thumbnails Lake Havasu RACE April 26-xp1-sd.jpg   Lake Havasu RACE April 26-xp1-sd1.jpg  
Old 02-22-2009, 10:54 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

I will get the info who to talk to about coming out here to race. P4 is ok for your boat. Did you ever find one of my dry-sump #4 drives?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT35GrOjjQI

pat W
Old 02-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went last year and had a great time. Great location, just wish it was about 1000 miles closer.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 2,967 Likes on 981 Posts

Pat, I'm glad it came together. I konw it was no small feat to get done. But as I said before, I guess it's a compliment when the coast gaurd doesn't want you to race because there were so many spectator boats blocking the lake!

Last year was a good time and the races were awesome way to end the poker run extended weekend event.

For those thinking of making the races and the poker run or considering entering the races, here's more info on the extended weekends scheduled events.

April 23rd through the 26th will be the dates for the 2009 Desert Storm Poker Run.

Arguably the biggest and best poker run in the nation with well over 200 applicants each year participating in four days of festivities including the block party, shoot-out, powerboat races and poker run, this years event will prove to be bigger and better than ever!

With participants representing many boating manufacturers and after market performance boating product companies, as well as entrants from across the nation including New York, Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Illinois, Washington, California, Arizona and many other states, this is once=2 0again a “must attend” event!

With this years event, as in years past, the promoters, organizers and sponsors will continue to value helping charities supporting our troops and local community youth charities Last years event successfully raised over $17,000.00 for local charities including Soldiers Angels, Havasu for Youth and the Patrick Tinnell Memorial Park.

Tentative schedule:

Thursday April 23rd 2009

The event will kick off with what many say to be the biggest block party of it’s kind. Several city blocks down town will be closed to traffic as numerous poker run contestants and sponsors move in to display their goods. This is the opportunity for all to get an up close and personal look at poker run boats including manufacturer’s newest products. While perusing the seemingly endless sea of eye candy, choose from one of the several venders on hand providing food, drinks and all the aftermarket goodies needed to insure your boat and crew are in top form.

Friday April 24th 2009

Beginning with a parade lap through the infamous Lake Havasu Channel and under the Famous London Bridge the 2009 Desert Storm Poker Run kicks off. Participants will then proceed to several pre-determined card stops collecting their poker run cards. At the south end of the lake, spectator boats line both sides of the lake at a safe distance, capturing their chance to see the poker run participants in action.

Host hotel The Nautical Inn will provide the location for the Friday night card turn-in party. . After which participants will be able to lounge at the Naked Turtle bar, located directly on Thompson Bay overlooking many of the docked and anchored participant boats.

Saturday April 25th 2009

With a course cleared and set, the 2009 Desert Storm Shoot-out will take place. Participants will be able to gain accurate reading of top speeds during this radar run while competing for “top gun” and bragging rights of fastest boat in the west.

Saturday night, participants of the poker run and the shootout will gather at the local convention hall, the Aquatic Center, to participate in the “All winners and awards banquet”. After the awards banquet participants can again venture back to the Nautical Inn and the Naked Turtle bar to drink their favorite cocktail and swap lies.

Sunday April 26th 2009

POPRA will be holding offshore races. Wet and dry pits will be accessible to spectators to view the numerous race boats on hand. More racing information to follow.

Host hotel The Nautical Inn is already filling up rapidly and will sure to sell out before the end of the year. Be sure to sign up for the west coast season opener and attend this four day extravaganza!

For more information please visit http://www.lakeracerllc.com/
Attached Thumbnails Lake Havasu RACE April 26-img_1208.jpg   Lake Havasu RACE April 26-img_1223.jpg   Lake Havasu RACE April 26-img_1226.jpg  

Old 03-12-2009, 12:45 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Team AVR is almost ready for the race weekend. We had a slight delay with the LA boat show and the photoshoot for Powerboat.
http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/pho....php?album=137

Back to testing for the race.....

It should be a great weekend.

pat W
Old 03-12-2009, 12:53 AM
Registered

Received 2,967 Likes on 981 Posts

Damn, that's some nice rigging.