Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need to Unload my Pals Boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20372-need-unload-my-pals-boat.html)

JohnJan 03-18-2002 10:37 AM

Need to Unload my Pals Boat

For three years now I've had my buddy's boat in my possession while he's living in Zurich. He's finally decided to sell it even if it means taking a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1997 26' Scarab, 454/330 Bravo with tabs, indicators, stereo w/ CD changer, trailer. Fresh water ONLY. 207 hours, runs great, needs repair on engne cover where a critter ate some vinyl about 3" diameter hole. Very clean otherwise. Offers considered!

Anybody know anybody looking for one of these? I've listed it on OSO before with no response. We really need to find a new home for this boat!

John

cashmoney 03-18-2002 10:42 AM

You forgot one thing in your ad.....a low low can't pass up price...that will get peoples minds working..

JohnJan 03-18-2002 11:35 AM

You're probably right, however, the selling price will not be determined by anything other than my pals ability to eat the delta between what we can get and what he owe's. The problem is that his attitude on it seems to change from day to day. Hit it on the right day and it'll be a steal.

The unfortunate part is that this is a really nice boat. Way too nice to be orphaned that way it has been.

In2Deep 03-18-2002 11:37 AM

What was he asking the last time it was posted on OSO?
Anyone know the book on this vessel?

Sean 03-18-2002 11:46 AM

JohnJan,

ya gotta start somewhere...check boattraderonline.com The boat sells for anywhere between 30K and 40K with up to a 502 mag...

NADA.com should be able to give you book

Dredgeking 03-18-2002 12:22 PM

i bid one dollar:D

JohnJan 03-18-2002 12:36 PM

SOLD! To the dredge, for one dollar. You guy's missed out!

;)

The payoff is around 40k. Just need to get the word out and see what the damage will be, I don't think it'll bring 40k.

tried traderonline as well as local papers at 37k, no response either way.

If somebody serious would just come look at the damn thing the seller is motivated, can't give the thing away though.

If I could figure out how to insert a picture I'd do it. Friggin' Internet, only a kid knows how to work this thing!

Dredgeking 03-18-2002 12:55 PM

john posting pics is easier than ever now. give me a call and i'll walk you through it step by step. :p send me a pic and i'll post it.

it is a very clean boat. i've seen it. it needs to be used instead of sitting in storage.

Dredgeking 03-18-2002 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go John. I'll put it up on the classifieds also.

JohnJan 03-18-2002 03:13 PM

Ba... ...dass!