reupholstering Bolster? Price? >

reupholstering Bolster? Price?

Notices

reupholstering Bolster? Price?

Old 02-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default reupholstering Bolster? Price?

Was trying to figure out my budget for my interior and was wondering what some of you have paid for your interiors. My side panels are completely rotten so I plan on cutting new ones out of marine plywood and putting in the speaker holes that I want.

The only interior I have is the two bolster seats, the back buttpad and the motorcover. The buttpad is removable and so is the pads on the bolsters. Two small side panels also. I will be able to take all the pieces to the shop and reinstall them myself.

I have all the vinyl that I need, I ordered it last year.

Can someone give me an Idea on what it would cost to do this? The front seats will be all white with the sunsation logo stitched into the headrest area and the backseat will be completely white. The engine hatch will have some design on it and so will the two small side panels..

Old 02-23-2009, 11:10 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

I got my Scorpion done for $2500 by a local furniture uhpolstery place. They came recomended by another member on the site here and did a fantastic job for the money. Bolsters, rear bench, and all new sunpads. I requested that he get rid of all the piping and as much pleating as he could. For the money i was really happy.
Attached Thumbnails reupholstering Bolster? Price?-scorp-pics-040.jpg   reupholstering Bolster? Price?-scorp-pics-035.jpg   reupholstering Bolster? Price?-scorp-pics-052.jpg  

08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Registered

very clean, I like it. Mine will be even more simple than that, except for the stitching..
Old 02-24-2009, 06:23 AM
LV
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

waterboy, Moss here in tulsa is doing my interior, however, it is a turnkey deal, they uninstalled and are reinstalling it, the intire back seat was rotten, side panels had a little as well and was replaced,engine hatch had minor rot, so i replaced it, mine is going to be around 4k, check out a few pics of what they are doing so far. everything is double stitched,well worth $$$
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ouch-up-3.html

scroll to the bottom.

Last edited by LV; 02-24-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 1,188 Likes on 566 Posts

I did mine on a budget. I removed the interior myself, my uphosterer romved all the vinyl so hed would have good patterns. He then gave me all the rotted wood so I could replace. He ordered all the marine vinyl and covered my seats. I paid $350 to do the backseat and bottom kick panel, $60 for the sunpad (all white with red piping) and $350 ($175/ea) for the 2 drop out bolsters. He said that Wellcraft used good foam but their wood sucked!

Last edited by Rookie; 02-24-2009 at 07:14 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:01 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 155 Likes on 85 Posts

Don't use wood - the expanded PVC structural foam is not much more and will last forever.

The only place I could see using plywood is the bolsters themselves for strength. And then they should be carefully designed, screwed, glued and reinforced any way possible. If you have ever landed sideways or spun out you will understand.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

I am with GrandTimes. MOSS has done quite a bit of work for both of us this winter and all I can say is it has been Execellent and very reasonable pricing. Take the interior only or the whole boat to them. I think she will even make a House call to price it out for you.

Quinlan
Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1,188 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbam
Don't use wood - the expanded PVC structural foam is not much more and will last forever.

The only place I could see using plywood is the bolsters themselves for strength. And then they should be carefully designed, screwed, glued and reinforced any way possible. If you have ever landed sideways or spun out you will understand.
Where I did use wood I also resin and glassed over it. Don't know how much more strength it gave me but it is better water proofed.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:58 AM
Registered

sweet, sounds like moss is the place to go. I gotta finish the fiberglass pods for the 6x9's first and waiting on my carbon fiber pieces to come in..
Old 02-24-2009, 11:46 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
I did mine on a budget. I removed the interior myself, my uphosterer romved all the vinyl so hed would have good patterns. He then gave me all the rotted wood so I could replace. He ordered all the marine vinyl and covered my seats. I paid $350 to do the backseat and bottom kick panel, $60 for the sunpad (all white with red piping) and $350 ($175/ea) for the 2 drop out bolsters. He said that Wellcraft used good foam but their wood sucked!

That price is dirt cheap!!!!

Quick Reply: reupholstering Bolster? Price?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.