Notices

How do you buy AV gas?

Old 03-18-2002, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
Default How do you buy AV gas?

I thought in the near future the blower boost will get turned up for a speed blast and AV gas is required. How does one go about buying it? Bring a barrel to the airport or trailer the boat there?
Old 03-18-2002, 12:24 PM
22Velocity

Cool Re Av gas

Brad , regarding your inquiry on buying AV gas. I used to use it in my old 3.4 twister 350 hp Merc outboard. At the local Brookfield airport,I had to buy it in cans then dump it in the boat at home. also,I had to sign a log sheet.The manager at the airport thought I had a Kit Airplane called a Velocity.He always wondered why he never saw it flying locally,after teasing him for awhile,that I flew it mostly over Lake Winneabago,I finally broke down and told him it was for the boat and not a plane.You might want to call your Airport in Antioch and ask about for plane use only.As a side note,for years I would store My old Buick convertible with AV gas because it would not gum up over the winter.The gas was as clean in the spring as when I put it in in the fall. Frank

Old 03-18-2002, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

order mine in 55 gal trums sort of a pain but gets the job done need to always return drums