Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   King of Thunderboat Row book (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203821-king-thunderboat-row-book.html)

littledcsrodshop 02-24-2009 08:55 PM

King of Thunderboat Row book

I have a friend who is wanting to sell his King of Thunderboat Row book.. (For the 3 people on here who don't know what I am talking about it is a book about the life & boats of Don Aronow written by Don's son Michael) He is talking about putting it on Ebay but we thought we would see how much intrest it brought here on the board first ?? If anybody wants to shoot off some no b/s offers in the next couple days he may just bypass Ebay.. I will forward the offers to him & if he decides to take one I will gladly give you his contact info

I have a few pictures of it that I can email if anybody wants. I cannot post them b/c I havn't re-upped my membership yet.

Thanks , Scott

BajaFresh 02-25-2009 09:41 PM

Your PM box is full.

I have no idea what the book is worth. $20?

HIMES(JAIME) 02-25-2009 09:57 PM

what kinda shape? what does he want?

thisistank 02-25-2009 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by BajaFresh (Post 2808776)
Your PM box is full.

I have no idea what the book is worth. $20?

HA! 20 bucks...that's funny Al! Copies have seen 500 on ebay. You ever want to read it you can borrow my copy.

Magicfloat 02-25-2009 10:26 PM

Amazon has 2 for $799.Wish I had bought a bunch of them back in the day,instead of just one.They also have Speed Kills,Blue Thunder,and Iron Fist for around $20 each.Those are bargains for sure,and should be in everyone's collection, along with John Crouse's Searace.

littledcsrodshop 02-26-2009 10:02 AM

Sorry about the P.M. box.. I just cleared it out some..

Don't think $20.00 is gonna get it out of his hands , but thats a start & we appritiate it..

The book is in real good shape in my opinion , It has a Minor ("fold" - I guess you would call it) in the Inner flap of the cover.. Most people would never even mention it but I would rather try to represent it to the best of my ability b/c its not a cheap book , not matter what it brings !!

Like I said I have some pics. that I would be glad send if anybody wants them ??
I just can't post them myself due to my membership being expired..

We are always open to serious offers !!!

I'm with you guys on wishing I had bought a few more copies.. I bought a copy for my father several years ago for Christmas & wish I would have bought myself a few.. If my buddies sells for a good price he may consider pulling his off the shelf & on to yours..

Hustler40 02-26-2009 03:21 PM

i sold my copy for around 300 on ebay

BajaFresh 02-26-2009 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2808799)
HA! 20 bucks...that's funny Al! Copies have seen 500 on ebay. You ever want to read it you can borrow my copy.

Hey, thanks for the cocck block buddy, now I'm going to have to borrow yours! :eek::D:D

OldSchool 02-26-2009 06:51 PM

Your PM box is full again!! I'm interested.

Craig:ernaehrung004:

JnT 02-26-2009 08:12 PM

Speed Kills and Blue Thunder are also good reads if you can find them. I used to loan out all three books but didn't realise they were worth that much money!
Jim