Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I need your Help to save a race site (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/203912-i-need-your-help-save-race-site.html)

Hauling Trash 02-26-2009 04:55 PM

I need your Help to save a race site

I need your help to save a Great race site for my club.

The site is in Beachwood NJ , I need the Power of OSO to e-mail the mayor of Beachwood to till him to get behind boat racing.

We put on a free race for the tax payers , Not one dime comes from the town. We pay for everything.

His e-mail is [email protected]
His name is Mayor Ron Jones.

Thanks

Mike Merola

East Coast Boat Racing Club

AB From Windsor 02-26-2009 07:21 PM

Done!

bojoe2 02-26-2009 10:29 PM

Done

Jigsaw89 02-26-2009 10:54 PM

Email sent!

Raylar 02-26-2009 11:06 PM

My extra suggestion. Offer a fundraiser for a community project need or good local cause and they will better embrace your event. Lots of suggestions available in this arena of good cause event sponsorship. Use this type of prybar to open offical doors! Usually works quite well in todays geopolitical world! Best of luck!

BestRegards,
Ray @ Raylar

Ghostrider 02-26-2009 11:56 PM

Hell I'll send an email. You should always send a formal invitation to the office of the mayor inviting him to participate in an official function as race starter or judiciary. That appeases their sense of involvement and is a good (and legal) way of getting your local member out and involved so he can see the good that your event does. It also gives you a chance to forward him your official correspondance like any risk management strategies and public safety measures you'd have in place to make sure his office knows how much work goes into these events and how it's not just about a bunch of hoons (sorry, petrol heads?) running around in loud boats endangering lives.
I used to write such letters for my previous car clubs etc, they work a treat!
Besides, if you get him out there and take him for a ride, he might get hooked and join OSO himself! :drink:

Let me know if you need a hand!
John

Hauling Trash 02-27-2009 12:12 PM

Thanks for all you help

Jigsaw89 02-27-2009 09:04 PM

Following is the response I received from Beachwood Mayor Ron Jones:

Dan
I support this race 100 percent. I will do what is necessary to obtain cooperation from other decision makers to make the race a reality.

Ron

GoFastSonic 02-27-2009 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89 (Post 2810439)
Following is the response I received from Beachwood Mayor Ron Jones:

Dan
I support this race 100 percent. I will do what is necessary to obtain cooperation from other decision makers to make the race a reality.

Ron

:grinser010: Nice

Hauling Trash 02-28-2009 08:04 AM

Thank You , Its working Great