Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   2 NFL Players Missing Off Clearwater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204077-2-nfl-players-missing-off-clearwater.html)

Jassman 03-03-2009 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by bonecrusher (Post 2812616)
It's very upsetting anytime we lose human life whether they are superstars or not. I am praying for them and thier families. If it were you I would also pray for you and not talk about how stupid or irresponsible it was to go out. Human life is human life and you should not be so caught up on them being superstars with money. That does not change the fact they are still missing and thier families are waiting for a miracle and we should all pray for them. God Bless

This is a great post..who are we to judge, we've all been there one time or another, maybe different situation..but none the less....MMareno, is it possible to think before you post. I'm surprised at you're sarcasm... put yourself in the situation, you'd being saying different.

Macklin 03-03-2009 06:56 AM

We had a similar occurrence here a couple months ago. Same sea state, but MUCH colder water. 6 men went out on the Ches Bay in a 16' Tracker looking to catch some striper. Motor died, boat came down too quick and with all that weight in it, took water over the little transom and capsized. They saved four of them only because of quick action (on scene in minutes) by the Harbor Pilots, CG, and VA Beach police. :(

happy hours 03-03-2009 07:02 AM

I live in the area ( have used that ramp many times) and I run offshore fishing quite often (my other hobby) and I am surprised and disgusted at some comments here. My thoughts and prayers are with the other 3, how can you not grieve for these guys and their family's? Not looking good as time pasts, it now has been a long time in cold water and tough to spot them w/o a boat (small target). Sure we can sit here and second guess / critique these guys all day long and sure weather was obviously not the right day to run 50 miles in a 21' on Saturday. But come on guys, can you honestly say you have never in your life done something that in hindsight you risked more then you should have? What site is this? So we should not give a crap about the loss of human life because they ran offshore when we wouldn't have? How about the guy that has an accident and looses his life in a poker run because it is silly to go that fast, should he get your sympathy? If you read a story about human that loses his life and it doesn't make you want to puke then you should sell your boat and get outta this sport because the human beings that enjoy this sport shouldn't have to be associated with you. My 2 cents.

bonecrusher 03-03-2009 07:50 AM

Thank god I am not the only one who was completely sickened and disgusted by some others thoughts and opinions about these poor men floating at sea (hopefully still alive). Please keep these men and thier families in your prayers. Thank you OSO

dirtlawyer 03-03-2009 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993 (Post 2812704)
Kind of like your DUMB post. :rolleyes: Pretty tasteless....

Could not agree more - what an insensitive and ignorant post.

cfischer 03-03-2009 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by mmareno (Post 2812492)
I feel bad for them like I feel bad for Plexico Burris.. See it does prove it... Money can't buy brains...

Guys like that got enough money to hire someone to drive them out to fish... Put the bait on for them... Take the fish off... And have 42 women run around Naked... But instead... they take a 21' boat into the perfect storm...

I honestly feel bad for the kids and families BUT.. I never realized how many DUMB people have a boat!!

You are such a heartless tool!! Maybe they had engine problems and were drifting out to sea and the only way to stop is to throw the anchor?? Nobody knows the whole story yet so instead of making stupid posts like this maybe you should stick your head in a hole and pound some sand *******!!!

Indy 03-03-2009 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by mmareno (Post 2812492)
I feel bad for them like I feel bad for Plexico Burris.. See it does prove it... Money can't buy brains...

Guys like that got enough money to hire someone to drive them out to fish... Put the bait on for them... Take the fish off... And have 42 women run around Naked... But instead... they take a 21' boat into the perfect storm...

I honestly feel bad for the kids and families BUT.. I never realized how many DUMB people have a boat!!

What a totally asinine post :mad: If anybody spends time on the water you're going to get caught in bad conditions no matter how prudent you are. I've been on the water for 35+ years and have been caught a couple of times in water/weather nobody predicted. It wasn't fun at all and you take seriously safety equipment and procedures that you might have paid minimal heed to prior to an experience like that.

Neverfastenuf 03-03-2009 11:13 AM

My Prayers are with the Families.

Sam

stainless 03-03-2009 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by bonecrusher (Post 2812803)
Thank god I am not the only one who was completely sickened and disgusted by some others thoughts and opinions about these poor men floating at sea (hopefully still alive). Please keep these men and thier families in your prayers. Thank you OSO

AGREED! :ernaehrung004:

Audiofn 03-03-2009 11:39 AM

For thos of you that are saying that they make enough to pay for a huge boat with capt.... Just not the case. You should do your research and find out what MOST ball players make. Not the superstars like Payton Manning and Tom Braddy but the average linesman.

I pray that they are found one way or the other so that the family's can have a faster closure.