2 NFL Players Missing Off Clearwater >

2 NFL Players Missing Off Clearwater

Notices

2 NFL Players Missing Off Clearwater

Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jassman
This is a great post..who are we to judge, we've all been there one time or another, maybe different situation..but none the less....MMareno, is it possible to think before you post. I'm surprised at you're sarcasm... put yourself in the situation, you'd being saying different.
I again apologize for any mis understanding..

No I have not been in that situation because.. When I decided to go out in the water in something I was not in full control of I took a course.. The same when I started driving a car.. I took a course... and now that I bought a cat.. I am taking a course... Again.. It was not my intention to degrade these guys for going out and getting caught in a situation that resulted in this thread.. It is these guys have more avenues then most of us will ever have.... Better steps could have been taken "MAYBE"
Old 03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by mmareno

I have not been in that situation because.. When I decided to go out in the water in something I was not in full control of I took a course..
If it were only that simple. The best meteorologists get it wrong quite often. There is an unpredictability with mother nature, coursework, common sense, and checking forecasts go a long way, but it still happens when you least expect it right? If you go out and expect it then you're prepared for it and deal with it, but the opposite is when there's trouble.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously some posts are missing!!!!!!!! Let the $hit stay!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

No I have not been in that situation because.. When I decided to go out in the water in something I was not in full control of I took a course.. The same when I started driving a car.. I took a course... and now that I bought a cat.. I am taking a course... Again.. It was not my intention to degrade these guys for going out and getting caught in a situation that resulted in this thread.. It is these guys have more avenues then most of us will ever have.... Better steps could have been taken "MAYBE"

When I was coming back from KW in Nov 07, as soon as we came out of the inlet, it was 2-3's..I knew it was going to be a long way home..On the way up I burned from Pompano inlet to KW 187 gallons...I filled up with 220 for the departure..well guess what..it wasnt enough...I should have put 3 more gallons in..We went through 4-6 footers, which required obviously more throttling and my smart craft was not working properly going in and out..so that when I hit Miami it showed I had 45 gallons..no problem..I thought I will make it...it went to 18-19 gallons half way to the Pompano..so I was faced with turn around and possibly get back to Miami or stay on plane in an idle situation best as possible to get to the Pompano inlet..I ran out of gas about 1 mile short...water was splashing over the side..Sandy was freaking...thank god one of the A.T. guys CLARK and CHUCK BEECHER in their 37 AT turned around and came back for me..otherwise my new 43 Nortech could have been up against the rocks, or if I dropped anchor might have also had a bad situation like these guys. You just never know. They lassoed a rope in which I tied to my boe cleat and proceeded to pull me in through this sh#t..(6+ sea's). My point is even if you don't ever plan on it, and use good judgement, it might just happen...Clark's nick name is now CLARKSTAR..just like GM's Onstar...Thank You again buddy..Jeff
Old 03-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Obviously some posts are missing!!!!!!!! Let the $hit stay!
Here it is......

I feel bad for them like I feel bad for Plexico Burris.. See it does prove it... Money can't buy brains...

Guys like that got enough money to hire someone to drive them out to fish... Put the bait on for them... Take the fish off... And have 42 women run around Naked... But instead... they take a 21' boat into the perfect storm...

I honestly feel bad for the kids and families BUT.. I never realized how many DUMB people have a boat!!
Old 03-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Registered

Looks like they are calling off the search at sundown.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered

They found some debris (cooler and empty life jacket) close to where the boat was found. I know some people are going out tomorrow at sun up to search, what a terrible feeling for the family's to have no closure. My stomach hurts just thinking about it, what a tragic deal. I think I will go home and hug my wife and dog.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Registered

I have just read your pathetic apology and it amazes me that even after all the quotes you have read of these heart felt concerns that many of our OSO community have been giving you came up with another couple quotes still talking trash. Shame on you. I hate to say it but some people just think they know everything and (mmareno) you happen to be one of these guys who never does anything wrong or has never made a mistake. An apology from you would have been appreciated and accepted. We all make mistakes and say things we dont always mean but you continued on. Remember a sorry goes a long way. But then your ignorance and lack of respect for HUMAN LIFE continued to show as you were trying to reason why these men (as you say SUPERSTARS) should of and could of had a bigger boat which would have made everything alright. Well judging people in times of tragedy it down right appalling and disgusting. I pray to god you never experience tragedy like these men and their families but if you do maybe your outlook on life may change. God Bless these families who have been struck with a terrible tragedy.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:00 PM
LZH
Registered

Originally Posted by bonecrusher
I have just read your pathetic apology and it amazes me that even after all the quotes you have read of these heart felt concerns that many of our OSO community have been giving you came up with another couple quotes still talking trash. Shame on you. I hate to say it but some people just think they know everything and (mmareno) you happen to be one of these guys who never does anything wrong or has never made a mistake. An apology from you would have been appreciated and accepted. We all make mistakes and say things we dont always mean but you continued on. Remember a sorry goes a long way. But then your ignorance and lack of respect for HUMAN LIFE continued to show as you were trying to reason why these men (as you say SUPERSTARS) should of and could of had a bigger boat which would have made everything alright. Well judging people in times of tragedy it down right appalling and disgusting. I pray to god you never experience tragedy like these men and their families but if you do maybe your outlook on life may change. God Bless these families who have been struck with a terrible tragedy.
No need to be so dramatic about it. OK, we get it...his post was in bad taste and he made a half ass attempt at an apology. We are all entitled to our own opinions about what may or may not have happened and the obvious outcome. But guess what ? I'm getting a little sick of hearing you preach about GOD. Sure, I feel badly for these guys and especiall their families. But that doesn't mean we can't discuss what happened, how it happened and try to prevent it from happening again. But understand something....GOD is the reason they are not home having dinner with their families right now. GOD had a plan for them and it was obviously not what anyone would have wanted. Yes, it was a terrible tragedy. But bad things happen to good people and it's becasue of GOD'S will. The only thing we can do as humans is be prepared, make wise decisions and hope for the best.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Threads about occurrences like these are too predictable. Criticize-offend-apologize(maybe)-judge-repeat. Like most forums, I suppose.
I guess I just judged, huh?

Quite simply, my thoughts and prayers for these boaters and their friends and families.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.