Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2 NFL Players Missing Off Clearwater >

2 NFL Players Missing Off Clearwater

Notices

2 NFL Players Missing Off Clearwater

Old 03-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They just found a boat floating off the coast of st.pete about 30 miles with one person clinging to it. Coast Guard is not sure if its the boat yet. I have been out in my 23 about 20 miles offshore and in 4-6 foot rollers and its bad, REAL bad. It was choppy on the way out and then it just crept up on me, funny thing is, by the time I got back to the closest shoreline, it was dead calm. Like glass, so we headed back out and had a decent day. Weirdest day I have ever had out there.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:57 PM
Registered

They found Nick on that boat. It was anchored when the boat flipped over. He was wearing a life jacket and is in good shape. He said the others got seperated when the boat turned over and he never saw them again
Old 03-02-2009, 06:38 PM
LZH
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who the hell drops anchor in seas like that ?? That was a BIG mistake....maybe they ran out of gas ? Glad they found one, hope they find the others....Certainly seems like the CG has devoted a lot of assets to the search effort.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LZH
.Certainly seems like the CG has devoted a lot of assets to the search effort.
That's because it's two NFL players... If it were you or me.. They would be home eating dinner right about now.. working 8am - 4pm... just my.02 but Really???
Old 03-02-2009, 07:25 PM
LZH
Registered

Perhaps....but if it were me I would have checked sea conditions/forecast, not taken a 21' dingy 50 miles offshore much less droped anchor in heavy conditions. I fell bad for them....but not that bad.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Registered

No the NFL guys don't get the all out search, now if it was some cops missing they would drain the gulf to find them. Last year a cop doing some training went missing in the Potomac River and you would have thought a UFO crashed they had CG cutters and over 700 people for days looking for him. The cutters couldnt even get into the place where they saw him last but they were still there. We lost a friend in the same place two years before and maybe 10-20 LEO guys kinda looked for him, lost a guy on the bay no real effort by LEO to find him till it was to late. EVERYBODY should get the same all or nothing.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Registered

It's very upsetting anytime we lose human life whether they are superstars or not. I am praying for them and thier families. If it were you I would also pray for you and not talk about how stupid or irresponsible it was to go out. Human life is human life and you should not be so caught up on them being superstars with money. That does not change the fact they are still missing and thier families are waiting for a miracle and we should all pray for them. God Bless
Old 03-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmareno
I feel bad for them like I feel bad for Plexico Burris.. See it does prove it... Money can't buy brains...

Guys like that got enough money to hire someone to drive them out to fish... Put the bait on for them... Take the fish off... And have 42 women run around Naked... But instead... they take a 21' boat into the perfect storm...

I honestly feel bad for the kids and families BUT.. I never realized how many DUMB people have a boat!!
Kind of like your DUMB post. Pretty tasteless....
Old 03-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bonecrusher
It's very upsetting anytime we lose human life whether they are superstars or not. I am praying for them and thier families. If it were you I would also pray for you and not talk about how stupid or irresponsible it was to go out. Human life is human life and you should not be so caught up on them being superstars with money. That does not change the fact they are still missing and thier families are waiting for a miracle and we should all pray for them. God Bless
This is a great post..who are we to judge, we've all been there one time or another, maybe different situation..but none the less....MMareno, is it possible to think before you post. I'm surprised at you're sarcasm... put yourself in the situation, you'd being saying different.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We had a similar occurrence here a couple months ago. Same sea state, but MUCH colder water. 6 men went out on the Ches Bay in a 16' Tracker looking to catch some striper. Motor died, boat came down too quick and with all that weight in it, took water over the little transom and capsized. They saved four of them only because of quick action (on scene in minutes) by the Harbor Pilots, CG, and VA Beach police.

Last edited by Macklin; 03-03-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.