Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   anyone have pics of there engine compartment.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20411-anyone-have-pics-there-engine-compartment.html)

traviss 03-18-2002 07:58 PM

anyone have pics of there engine compartment..

I am trying to get some idea's before I start my cleanup of the bilge this week... I have to paint , changes some wires and make it all look pretty :cool: plus slap down some daimondplate. any ideas would help..

Thanks

Travis

mpally 03-18-2002 08:10 PM

Travis, how about splatter painting the bilge to match the outside? It looks pretty sharp. Just an idea.

traviss 03-18-2002 08:24 PM

Yupers.. i had that in mind too.. I have to find a yellow to match my yellow... I will soon..

It's gonna be bright white bilge with yellow splatter. I am about to buy all my wire loom, which color would look better... yellow loom or white? i am undecided..

Griff 03-18-2002 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of the bilge area in my Pantera.

traviss 03-18-2002 08:30 PM

looks sweet griff.. You just had to tease me with a nice pic of that big block ;)

Thanks bud :)

Shorgasm 03-18-2002 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Traviss....here's one of mine with that splatter crap on it...........Go figure......

Playn 03-18-2002 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
just a basic gray:(

moallen 03-18-2002 08:39 PM

Can you say Blue

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my twin 7.3 diesels tubro charged

traviss 03-18-2002 08:44 PM

these look great guys.... I have some visions in my head now.. i am headed to bed now, i'l check back in the morning to see what else is here..

Thanks

travis

puder 03-18-2002 08:48 PM

traviss I am doign eth same thing now too. I pulled everything and and am planning on basically re-rigging the engine bay after i finish the clean up.

Mine had losts of stains and soem nasty funky old oil. (I forgot eth oil coller was full of oil when we removed my engine, what an awful mess) So there was lots of funmk in there. To remove it i wip[ed up most of the big stuff and got it into eth center between eth stringer. Then wet dry vacced most of it. To get eth residue I broke out the spray gun and mineral spirts. Make sure you wear a good respirator. I then just sprayed teh spirits on and scrubbed liek mad. the oil/residue/funk.mineral spirts mixture ran into teh bilge and i just wet dry vacced all that up. Had to re-do it a couple times but it worked pretty well and broke down most of eth oil so i can apply teh epoxy coating to smooth it all out.

FYI put a think leaf/lawn bag in yoru wet dry vac so you can just pull it out, tie it off and dispose of it with otu havign to dump the wet dry vac.

good luck. I will post some pics once i finish up.