Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
PowerQuest what the heck is going on? >

PowerQuest what the heck is going on?

Notices

PowerQuest what the heck is going on?

Old 03-21-2002, 08:30 AM
Schlieee

Anyone know what's going on there? Why do they keep losing people?

Old 03-21-2002, 08:51 AM
MikeStar

Originally posted by Schlieee
Anyone know what's going on there? Why do they keep losing people?
Any time a company gets new ownership and/or upper management, you're going to see changes. Look at what happened at Ford Motor - Bill Ford in as CEO, Jac Nasser out, along with 3 or 4 other top execs. And that's only what you see in the paper, I'm sure there were a couple dozen more people that decided to "seek new opportunities".

I've been at a couple companies that have changed hands, and it's the same thing every time; the new kahuna wants to implement their gameplan. This means there will be personnel moving around, coming and going. Without knowing the details you can't be sure what the particulars are with this guy, but people leave companies all the time, for a thousand different reasons. Everyone I've ever dealt with at PQ is still there - I can't see how "they keep losing people." Or is there some mass exodus that we don't know about - details, please.

Old 03-21-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PQ also released Doug Veltema from employment.
Old 03-21-2002, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reguardless of the changes, and I agree, when businesses change owners, leadership will follow. P.Q. still holds true to the customers.
There obviously has been a shake up in management. The other side of the statement is the amount of new products available. With rumours of bigger and better.
Old 03-21-2002, 09:53 AM
New To Power

I can personally attest to the continuing customer service that PQ is offering to their customers. I believe that the changes at PQ were probably necessary to allow the company to grow and I would definately buy another one in the future.

Just my .02 cents.

NTP

Old 03-21-2002, 10:01 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at at 34 foot at the Charlotte boat show last September. This was the first Power Quest I had seen up close and personal. My wife and I really liked the boat. It had 496's in it, the cabin was nice with plenty of room, bolsters, gauge layout, etc. really impressed me. The dealer has been in the area a while selling Tige ski boats and had just picked up this line.

I am thinking that this might be my next boat when I asked the price. I could not believe it, thay wanted $189,000 for this boat as it sit with trailer. I ordered a new 36 Outlaw with a LOT more options and 500 EFI's on a Myco for less money. The same Powerquest was back at the Charlotte show again last month reduced to $179,000. I think that is still too much money. I like the product, but looks like a $130,000 boat tops. This dealer has not sold one yet from what I understand. I wonder if Powerquest screwed the dealer?

Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-21-2002, 10:20 AM
mlitefan

My brother-in-law picked up a 26 PQ two summers ago. Boat is beautiful and runs great.

He found a "leftover" from the year before and did get a good deal....it was about 20K less than what they were originally asking. They tend to overprice them...JMHO...

No doubt, they are sweet, well built boats...

Old 03-21-2002, 10:53 AM
MikeStar

I always wonder what the "real" price of a boat is - when I bought our Powerquest (280 Silencer), we paid just about 35% less than the retail price. I'm assuming that the dealer had to make money at that price point, so what is the real markup? 40%? 45%?

Seems to vary widely between companies too.

I guess the bottom line is that any boat is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Old 03-21-2002, 11:08 AM
Schlieee

MikeStar - the "mass exodus" you are referring to would be (in the order it appears to have happened):

1 the owners
2 the previous sales manager - Dennis Backis - referred to in this thread
3 Sales reps - according to fast38's 1st post
4 Pete Basica
5 Doug Veltema

At a small company, that's a lot of people getting named. I'm sure the people from the floor that leave don't get mentioned on here like these guys did.

Old 03-21-2002, 11:35 AM
MikeStar

Hey, Schlieee, here's what you need to do. Dial up 616-772-9474 and ask to speak to the owners or someone else in management. State your concerns about all these people leaving. See what they have to say about it. Problem solved, and no wild internet rumors about how PQ is giving up on powerboats and starting to build electric powered jetskis. But you didn't hear that here

Quick Reply: PowerQuest what the heck is going on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.