Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "Why am I here?", and other performance boating related questions of life. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20421-why-am-i-here-other-performance-boating-related-questions-life.html)

tomcat 03-18-2002 09:14 PM

"Why am I here?", and other performance boating related questions of life.

What is your performance boating related "philosophy of life?" I can see some of these philosophies in your posting signatures, but let's put them all together here. Funny and/or serious, doesn't matter. And don't tell me you don't have a philosophy of life. It's what's going through your head when the throttles are down, the horizon is jagged with rough water, and you don't know how big the next wave might be.

Here are mine:

Funny

Horsepower is like sex;
If more is better,
Then too much is just right.

Serious

We are all trapped in time and space,
Speed our only illusion of escape.

And combining the two above

We're all f#@ked anyway,
Might as well go out with a bang.

OffshoreOnly 03-18-2002 09:21 PM

There is no feeling in life like the feeling you get when traveling in excess of 125 miles per hour on the water. It is a competition of man against nature with no boundaries and every unexpected wave requires a different life or death judgement call. The adrenaline rush can not be explained in words.

In rougher seas at lower speeds the throtteling through the rough and the hang time is a different rush.

Regardless, at the end of the day you are on the water. The element that most of the world and human body are made of.

Madcow 03-18-2002 09:24 PM

My philosophy on money;
You can's eat it, drink it, drive it or f*ck it, so you might as well spend it.:D :D

mxz800 03-18-2002 11:26 PM

my thought is ususally "THIS IS GONNA HURT!!" and "I WONDER IF??"

Bill272 03-18-2002 11:44 PM

This works much better when you substitute "Hammer the throttles" for "raise my sails"...

"For the truth is that I already know as much about my fate as I need to know. The day will come when I will die. So the only matter of consequence before me is what I do with my allotted time. I can remain on shore, paralyzed with fear, or I can raise my sails and dip and soar with the breeze."

Wellby 03-18-2002 11:45 PM

For the love of water, the speed, the adrenaline rush, and the slow cruise back to the dock to soak all of it in.... Thats why your here. And don't forget the hotties:D :eek: :D

Sydwayz 03-18-2002 11:49 PM

"Hey Bubba, hold my beer for a second and watch this. Betty Jo Sue , go get the video-tape-thingy-ma-bobby so we can send this in."

"Life is too short to pee down your own leg; get on with it."

NICKSLICK 03-18-2002 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am in a particulararily creative mood tonite.

:D :D :eek:

this about sums it up right here:

tomcat 03-19-2002 05:29 PM

These are all good, keep them coming!

Ron P 03-19-2002 06:03 PM

Did someone watch Raymond last night?

If your not living on the edge your taking up too much space.

And

I'd rather beg for forgiviness than ask for permission.