Update on Gina the miracle kitten! >

Update on Gina the miracle kitten!

Notices

Update on Gina the miracle kitten!

Old 03-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Great day all around! The vet called us today at 4:45 to let us know Gina was able to pee on her own twice today. Our waiting has paid off. She will now be 100% normal. The surgey went grat and she is walking around without any issues.

Today I spent over an hour on the phone with the people from www.puffypawskittyhaven.com . What incredible people they are. They have over 150 cats and they never destroy an animal unles they are in severe pain and it's the only option. They take cats from all over, they have a lot of cats that are abused, abandoned, strays and hurt. They don't turn any away! They have another smaller attchment to the building for cats with Lukemia and Feline aids and other medical issues that need special attention (like Gina), those cats are not up for adoptions, they end up being their pets. I am very greatful to Moving to Miami for the referal!!
These people are completely non-profit. this is their passion. They are supported by donantions. I know quite a few of you offered to donate money for Ginas surgery. If you guys could send a donation to these people that do so much good, It would be much appreciated. I am going to help them on an on going basis.
They offered to take take Gina immediatly, even with her unrination problem. They actually have another cat with the same problem. Now that Gina is able to urinate on her own that will really make her adoptable.
Another few days in the vet to recover and Gina will be on her way. I'm very greatful how this turned out. If I would have taken another option that someone suggested, I would have regretted it for the rest of my life, wondering if I had made the right idea.
Gino...I am really glad that it was such a great day! I'm certain that she will have a great life with Rick and his wife at Puffy Paws...Its people like you and them that give us all a smile and make us all feel good...In these times, that's pretty awsome!

Again, you were a hero to her!

On a side note, I see you are in South Florida...Once I tie up a few loose ends, I will be moving down there soon...I'll look ya up and buy ya a beer (or two...or thre..lol)

Thanks for helping the little critter!

Jay :-)
Old 03-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Registered

Gino,

Props to you. Your an ace.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:49 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gino, you are a hero in all of our eyes. Some day, our maker will reward you for your unselfish acts of kindness towards ones in need of help.

So glad to hear this great news.

Frank & Lois
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 03-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Great story, shame on those who denigrate his efforts.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Gina was released from the vet yesterday. It was 8 weeks to the day. The entire staff including the 3 doctors were all crying. They said Gina is nothing short of a miricle. She can walk great and more importantly, pee on her own! The vets admited to having quite a few discussions without us about telling us it's time to give up and let her go. One lady Vet that brought Gina home on her days off the last few weeks was the one that argued to give her more time. I thank god she did!
My wife is leaving in about 4 hours for her 22 hour 1500 mile drive to bring Gina to her new home at my sister inlaws house in Oklahoma. Hopefully Gina won't hold it against us that we saved her life to sent her to Oklahoma!! JUST KIDDING!!
I went to see Gina today up close for the 1st time since I found her, sure enough it took about 3 minutes before my breathing got a little difficult. I was really sad saying goodbye. She really got to be a big part of our daily lives and we really got emotionally attached to her. I'm glad she is staying in the family!!
This story ended much more happily then it looked like!
Thank you for all the support! It really helped us!
Attached Thumbnails Update on Gina the miracle kitten!-gina-008.jpg   Update on Gina the miracle kitten!-gina-009.jpg  
Old 03-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Registered

That's awsome, Gino! As a cat person myself, I am really, really glad that it worked out for you, and especially Gina..!
Old 03-21-2009, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

we can rebuild her... we have the technology

congrats
Old 03-22-2009, 03:51 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

I am fairly new to this site. I would like to say that anyone that rescues a stray, injured or abandoned dog or cat is a special person. 4 weeks ago, i came home from a fundraiser at our local college. my wife let our almost 13 years old yellow lab out in our back yard. a minute or two later, she started yelling that magnum (our lab) was hurt and screaming. we both scrambled to get dressed and go check on our old dog. she got dressed first and by the time i could get to my back door, she had a tiny screaming puppy. we got some food and water for her and then put her in our bath tub with towels, blankets so she would have a warm place to sleep. the next morning, which did come early, she asked me what we were going to do with the puppy. i told her that we were going to take her to the vet and then we were going to keep her and love her. i have had so much fun with this little pup. we both hit her name jackpot. gino good for you. i know that you feel great for doing something that many think are nuts. thank goodness that there are still some good guys left. baker fullerton
Old 03-23-2009, 10:06 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gino, what you have done to help Gina, far exceeds what can be put into words, it comes from the heart. I somehow had the gut feeling that this would all turn out well from the first time we talked back 2 months ago. What a terrific ending to a marvelous story we have here. In the end, I'm sure we all feel the same way about your acts of kindness towads the kitten. If this world only had more people in it with the kindness in their heart that you have in yours, it'd be a much, much better place to live in.

Congrats Gino !!!
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Quick Reply: Update on Gina the miracle kitten!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.