Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/204323-friend-looking-deal-late-model-boat.html)

pachanga 03-05-2009 09:19 PM

Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat

I have a friend who says he will buy a boat if the right deal presents itself. Later model turn key boat at back of 1/2 NADA! Doesn't seem too concerned about what it is. I don't like his approach and I'm sure there will be some takers in todays market. LOL I can't even get him to say what kindda boat he wants! All I can tell you is he has the bucks!

SO what's available???

BAJA WILL 03-05-2009 10:36 PM

Let him learn the hard way, "Late Model" and "Half of NADA" he might as well say, "phucked up boat that needs to be dumped" if that is really his criteria some one will rip his azz off.:drink: while he thinks he is getting a deal.

mike tkach 03-06-2009 01:18 AM

allthough money is tight and a lot of good deals to be had for those with the bucks,you still get what you paid for!!!!!

pachanga 03-06-2009 05:24 AM

To be honest I've seen a few boats sell recently that would meet his goals. If I'm not mistaken NADA is pretty inflated on some boats. The funny part is he thinks he will be able to make money sometime down the road. He doesn't realize the expenses envolved in owning a boat.

LOL We were talking yesterday and I was pushing him about what kind or type and what size boat he wanted. Trailerable,etc. He has a house on a canal in Fl. I'll just park it in the canal. I looked at him and said you realize you need to keep a nice boat on a lift. Well, I guess I'll have to buy a lift.

mmareno 03-06-2009 05:29 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I got a 89' Baja. Completely restored in 06" New Xr's with sportmaster lowers(1:36) New HP tamson assemblies, Intercom, AC/Heat. Full hydraulic steering. Livorsi Gauges, Custom Trailer, NO MOTORS, Custom paint work, No hardlines in paint anywhere................ 20k is the steal!!

Come Steal it... There is 60k worth of hardware on the boat..

pachanga 03-06-2009 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by mmareno (Post 2815277)
I got a 89' Baja. Completely restored in 06" New Xr's with sportmaster lowers(1:36) New HP tamson assemblies, Intercom, AC/Heat. Full hydraulic steering. Livorsi Gauges, Custom Trailer, NO MOTORS, Custom paint work, No hardlines in paint anywhere................ 20k is the steal!!

Come Steal it... There is 60k worth of hardware on the boat..

Looks like a deal but I don't think it will meet his goals...late model turn key. I also hope he doesn't go for something like that as I don't think he has the experience. He's the hard headed type and will probably have to learn the hard way. He's the type you don't wanna let drive the golfcart...scared the sh*t outta me a few times.:eek:

zzzzzz 03-06-2009 06:20 AM

Sounds like more money than brains

pachanga 03-06-2009 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by zzzzzz (Post 2815292)
Sounds like more money than brains

:D Could be but he has it to spend!

t500hps 03-06-2009 07:01 AM

Put him in a "pocket cruiser". Nobody cares if they get trashed and they are cheap to come by right now. Plus he can't go fast enough to do as much damage as a go-fast could. (I had several many years ago)

pachanga 03-06-2009 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2815310)
Put him in a "pocket cruiser". Nobody cares if they get trashed and they are cheap to come by right now. Plus he can't go fast enough to do as much damage as a go-fast could. (I had several many years ago)

I have been thinking the same thing. I really don't think he would be that bad. Just can't see him in anything over 30.