Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat >

Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat

Notices

Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat

Old 03-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat

I have a friend who says he will buy a boat if the right deal presents itself. Later model turn key boat at back of 1/2 NADA! Doesn't seem too concerned about what it is. I don't like his approach and I'm sure there will be some takers in todays market. LOL I can't even get him to say what kindda boat he wants! All I can tell you is he has the bucks!

SO what's available???
Old 03-05-2009, 10:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let him learn the hard way, "Late Model" and "Half of NADA" he might as well say, "phucked up boat that needs to be dumped" if that is really his criteria some one will rip his azz off. while he thinks he is getting a deal.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:18 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

allthough money is tight and a lot of good deals to be had for those with the bucks,you still get what you paid for!!!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 05:24 AM
Registered

To be honest I've seen a few boats sell recently that would meet his goals. If I'm not mistaken NADA is pretty inflated on some boats. The funny part is he thinks he will be able to make money sometime down the road. He doesn't realize the expenses envolved in owning a boat.

LOL We were talking yesterday and I was pushing him about what kind or type and what size boat he wanted. Trailerable,etc. He has a house on a canal in Fl. I'll just park it in the canal. I looked at him and said you realize you need to keep a nice boat on a lift. Well, I guess I'll have to buy a lift.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:29 AM
Registered

I got a 89' Baja. Completely restored in 06" New Xr's with sportmaster lowers(1:36) New HP tamson assemblies, Intercom, AC/Heat. Full hydraulic steering. Livorsi Gauges, Custom Trailer, NO MOTORS, Custom paint work, No hardlines in paint anywhere................ 20k is the steal!!

Come Steal it... There is 60k worth of hardware on the boat..
Attached Thumbnails Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat-027.jpg   Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat-041.jpg   Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat-038.jpg  

Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat-029.jpg   Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat-042.jpg  
Old 03-06-2009, 05:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mmareno
I got a 89' Baja. Completely restored in 06" New Xr's with sportmaster lowers(1:36) New HP tamson assemblies, Intercom, AC/Heat. Full hydraulic steering. Livorsi Gauges, Custom Trailer, NO MOTORS, Custom paint work, No hardlines in paint anywhere................ 20k is the steal!!

Come Steal it... There is 60k worth of hardware on the boat..
Looks like a deal but I don't think it will meet his goals...late model turn key. I also hope he doesn't go for something like that as I don't think he has the experience. He's the hard headed type and will probably have to learn the hard way. He's the type you don't wanna let drive the golfcart...scared the sh*t outta me a few times.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:20 AM
Registered

Sounds like more money than brains
Old 03-06-2009, 06:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by zzzzzz
Sounds like more money than brains

Could be but he has it to spend!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:01 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Put him in a "pocket cruiser". Nobody cares if they get trashed and they are cheap to come by right now. Plus he can't go fast enough to do as much damage as a go-fast could. (I had several many years ago)
Old 03-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
Put him in a "pocket cruiser". Nobody cares if they get trashed and they are cheap to come by right now. Plus he can't go fast enough to do as much damage as a go-fast could. (I had several many years ago)
I have been thinking the same thing. I really don't think he would be that bad. Just can't see him in anything over 30.

Quick Reply: Friend looking for a deal on a late model boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.