Notices

ATTN. all Va. Boaters

Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently moved from Utah where there is no requirments to MD where you have to have the licence. Honestly, its not tough for someone that has been boating for some time, other than when the questions get specific about Military Vessal distance and such. I learned some stuff that I would have never looked up. It may not keep all idiots off the water, but if it keeps 25% than that is a great improvement. It will also teach little state laws that have never applied to out-of-state boaters. Is it the perfect solution to the big problem, not even close, but its a start.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

The link didn't work for me.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

All the more reason for FIVE-OH to pull you over and check. More harrassment on the water.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Registered

It was in the talks for some time.....how they will police it has still not been totally explained....but one....it will at least get people to take the courses....as the time rolls around they will be doing some PSA's to get the word out....but there will be a lot of warnings from what I hear....Its not a bad idea at all.....one.... taking a boating safety course will save you money on your insurance.....and it may be that course that saves you from a idiot that had no idea before the course......but in the end....it will be up to the boater behind the wheel that will make the finnal desition if he is going to act like a idiot and carelessness.......I will pass out more info when I get it.....