Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride. >

Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.

Notices

Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boat is nice but the owner Steve is a great guy
Old 03-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
While I haven't seen one in person, I am really impressed with RPMs 26 Redline. Great looks and performance. One of the best single IO performance boats out there IMO. I had a 22' Talon w/twin 2.5's and loved it. It was a center pod tunnel like the Redline. Handle great and was fast, but I still missed the rumble of the big block. Plus all the aftermarket engine upgrade possibilities compared to outboards (boring!)...

My Talon had easy access to the deck and the wind fairing (built into the deck mold) actually worked because the seats were low. The only complaint I read in a Powerboat review on the 26 Redline was deck access and wind protection. For you guys that own or have ridden in one, comments?

I see myself years down the road after my daughter graduates getting another hot rod, and this RPM boat has got my attention!
I have never seen a cat with a super easy access from deck to cockpit, I will admit that when I first got mine, it took some getting used to, but its nothing now to just hop in, and the wind isn't that bad, the first RPM's seat's were actually 2" higher plus the passengers sitting on the back seat really feel a differance compaired to a canopy boat. I love mine, fit, finish, handling, and overall customer service, makes this the best deal on a 26' single engine cat on the market today. Like Bob Tegue said in Powerboat "For the price, you'll have a hard time finding anything as good, much less better"
Old 03-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnlomant
I am going to try to be there. I hope to test my boat monday the 16th.
Hey John are you going to be avalible on the 19th or 20th I'll take you for a ride...
Old 03-07-2009, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Old 03-07-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
I have never seen a cat with a super easy access from deck to cockpit, I will admit that when I first got mine, it took some getting used to, but its nothing now to just hop in, and the wind isn't that bad, the first RPM's seat's were actually 2" higher plus the passengers sitting on the back seat really feel a differance compaired to a canopy boat. I love mine, fit, finish, handling, and overall customer service, makes this the best deal on a 26' single engine cat on the market today. Like Bob Tegue said in Powerboat "For the price, you'll have a hard time finding anything as good, much less better"
Oh yea, the review on the Redline was great! They commented on the 2007 Performance Trials it was the fastest single engine cat they ever tested with the HP525EFI (95.1 mph). That says a lot.

The pics are of my old Talon and it really DID have easy deck access. Although, it is a lot lower profile compared to the Redline. The seats were actually mounted to the floor. It was easy to step from front seat over the side of the fairing onto the ledge and get to the deck. Is that how you get on the deck with yours, or do you start at the back seat?

BTW, your boat is sweet! I love the new interior.
Attached Thumbnails Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-boatntrailer.jpg   Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-dash4.jpg   Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-inwater.jpg  

Old 03-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=wananewboat;2816305][/QUOTE

This is the boat John road in 2009 Revolution Performance Marine with 675hp NAS and imco exstream 1.5.1 outdrive turning a Labbed 34" Bravo 1 prop...106mph and thats 400lbs of ass and 80 gal of gas
Attached Thumbnails Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-img_0246.jpg   Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-img_0291.jpg   Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-img_0309.jpg  

Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-dropping-off-boat-winter-011.jpg   Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-img_0295.jpg  
Old 03-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Great pics! Love that shot from the rear. Nice lines. Wow, and that engine compartment... Couple sleeping bags and you have room for the kids to sleep!! lol!
Old 03-07-2009, 01:56 PM
Registered

Great pics! Love that shot from the rear. Nice lines. Wow, and that engine compartment... Couple sleeping bags and you have room for the kids to sleep!! lol!
Some more
Attached Thumbnails Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-dropping-off-boat-winter-007.jpg   Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-dropping-off-boat-winter-010.jpg   Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-dropping-off-boat-winter-016.jpg  

Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-img_0300.jpg   Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-img_0303.jpg  
Old 03-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

While I haven't seen one in person, I am really impressed with RPMs 26 Redline. Great looks and performance. One of the best single IO performance boats out there IMO. I had a 22' Talon w/twin 2.5's and loved it. It was a center pod tunnel like the Redline. Handle great and was fast, but I still missed the rumble of the big block. Plus all the aftermarket engine upgrade possibilities compared to outboards (boring!)...

My Talon had easy access to the deck and the wind fairing (built into the deck mold) actually worked because the seats were low. The only complaint I read in a Powerboat review on the 26 Redline was deck access and wind protection. For you guys that own or have ridden in one, comments?

I see myself years down the road after my daughter graduates getting another hot rod, and this RPM boat has got my attention!

As far as wind protection, I prefer to be able to look through or over the windscreen depending on conditions and speed. Therefore, that is the standard seat height (18" off the floor to the top of the seat cushion). If you look at the attached image, the seat height can easily be changed by inserting a different verticle plate in the seat bases. It only takes about 20 minutes to change out both seats.

With a full wrap around windscreen, most people are leary to use the windscreen as a handle when they step up on the deck. Once you reallize that you are not going to break the windsceen, it is really very easy to jump up on the deck.
Attached Thumbnails Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-img_0039-small.jpg  
Old 03-07-2009, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the pics, that's a great looking small cat.

Quick Reply: Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.