Like Tree0Likes

Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2011 RPM 26 Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinBoston View Post
anyone know the weight and beam?
The red boat that was in Powerboat that specman rode it weighs 4,186 lbs dry. The beam is 100.5 inches. We call it 101.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Registered

Default 26 redline

Good comments about the windshield and the ability get to the deck.
These two items were not an issue for me on our ride.
The windshield for a 5'8" guy like myself was not an issue. For someone like Bob who is a pretty good size fellow I can see how the wind might hit him different.
For the taller folks you could cut down the pedistals a couple of inches and there should be no issue.
I understand what was meant about the comment about getting to the deck, however after sitting in the boat after 4 visits and riding in the boat this was not an issue at all.
The boats the I have been used to have had a shorter wind screen or a place on the dash to step over to the deck.
The Redline has a taller deck making it easier to get in the cabin. Very easy to step from the seat the the side of the boat with no problem. Would never have figured this out had I not gone for a ride.
You don't have to get on your hands and knees to get through the door to the cabin which for us older guys (middle aged) is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!.
Go take a look... you will be very impressed.
John
Old 03-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2008 26' Revolution Performance Marine

Quote:
Originally Posted by specman View Post
Good comments about the windshield and the ability get to the deck.
These two items were not an issue for me on our ride.
The windshield for a 5'8" guy like myself was not an issue. For someone like Bob who is a pretty good size fellow I can see how the wind might hit him different.
For the taller folks you could cut down the pedistals a couple of inches and there should be no issue.
I understand what was meant about the comment about getting to the deck, however after sitting in the boat after 4 visits and riding in the boat this was not an issue at all.
The boats the I have been used to have had a shorter wind screen or a place on the dash to step over to the deck.
The Redline has a taller deck making it easier to get in the cabin. Very easy to step from the seat the the side of the boat with no problem. Would never have figured this out had I not gone for a ride.
You don't have to get on your hands and knees to get through the door to the cabin which for us older guys (middle aged) is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!.
Go take a look... you will be very impressed.
John
Well said my friend...you hit the nail on the head on all of the above. Will you be coming down on the 19th as planned?

Jeff
Old 03-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Registered

Default 26 Redline

Pending my schedule, I will be ther friday am to see that bad boy screaming down the river........
John
Old 03-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by specman View Post
Pending my schedule, I will be ther friday am to see that bad boy screaming down the river........
John
COOL
Old 03-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Registered

My Boats: 25' Motion

What about a pair of 300xs's hanging off the transom?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbare View Post
What about a pair of 300xs's hanging off the transom?
What the hell...howbout 3, 300
Old 03-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Registered

My Boats: 26'RPM

Wow what a great thread! The new write up was just as good as the 1st. As we all wonder what and how different combos will work and run and all that crap, thats pretty much been answered by the combos that have rolled out of beautiful harpersville AL. So as soon as one of you daddy war bucks steps up or forks over some "K" (you know who you are) we will all have to wait. Hurry up someone!
I'm all fired up now Iv'e read this. I think i'll pull the RPM out of the garage and run it.Its a beautiful so.cal day.
P.S. Steve is now accepting stimulious funds to spike the boating comunity. Thanks Again Steve.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Registered

nice clean rigging
Old 03-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Registered

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Bling King View Post
Wow what a great thread! The new write up was just as good as the 1st. As we all wonder what and how different combos will work and run and all that crap, thats pretty much been answered by the combos that have rolled out of beautiful harpersville AL. So as soon as one of you daddy war bucks steps up or forks over some "K" (you know who you are) we will all have to wait. Hurry up someone!
I'm all fired up now Iv'e read this. I think i'll pull the RPM out of the garage and run it.Its a beautiful so.cal day.
P.S. Steve is now accepting stimulious funds to spike the boating comunity. Thanks Again Steve.
Hey Dude when you going to get over to my neck of the woods, so we can run these bad boys up and down the Bayou...been to Havasu, if you ever come my way you wont like Havasu anymorewe party down too
Attached Thumbnails
Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-ricky%2520kellum%2520aerials%2520-30-.jpg   Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-07people14.jpg   Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-lake2.jpg  

Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.-crab-island.jpg