Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride. >

Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.

Notices

Went for a ride in a 26 Redline today. What a ride.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Hey Dude when you going to get over to my neck of the woods, so we can run these bad boys up and down the Bayou...been to Havasu, if you ever come my way you wont like Havasu anymorewe party down too
Love tooo we'll have to find time to make it happen for sure!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by specman
I got a call this week from Steve at Revolution Performance Marine in Alabama and he invited me for a test ride in the 26 Redline cat that is in this months Powerboat.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a ride.
The boat ran just like Bob Teague said in his article. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have had several single engine cats with similiar horsepower and the Redline will out accelerate and out handle the boats that I have previously owned.
The boat accelerates like a rocket........
We ran 106 with both of us in the boat full of fuel.
Pretty impressive.
I was in a hurry and was on a tight schedule and Steve and his staff were more than accomodating.
I want to go back for a longer ride......With me driving.......
Congrats to RPM for the positive comments in Powerboat...

If you are interested in a single engine cat they are definately a boat that you should check out

John
Alright dude, you went for a ride in Steves boat @ 106mph...WTF, you don't like me or something,are did you not wana go that fastdon't give me that IM GOOD BS, I would like a honest answer....I told yo that you could drive so I could drink my beer...FYI the belt setup, we are changing it back to the other setup in the morning, I just don't see that setup working...hell I don't think it would work on 500hp much less 1200, so that chit is coming off in the AM and heading back to run the prop that JC will have to us in the morning...I really liked the Hering prop, but the 33 needs to be a 35 and more bow lift, that should put me up into the mid 130's like I told Steve, yes I was only turning 5600-5700rpm with his prop, but I always had someone else in the boat, not just me, it would have prbly turned 6000...let ya know tomorrow, it was great meeting you, hate that only road in my boat with your eyes...maybe next time...

Jeff
Old 03-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffbare
What about a pair of 300xs's hanging off the transom?
That's what i'm interested in!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:08 AM
Registered

Good luck, today wish i could have made it.
Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Alright dude, you went for a ride in Steves boat @ 106mph...WTF, you don't like me or something,are did you not wana go that fastdon't give me that IM GOOD BS, I would like a honest answer....I told yo that you could drive so I could drink my beer...FYI the belt setup, we are changing it back to the other setup in the morning, I just don't see that setup working...hell I don't think it would work on 500hp much less 1200, so that chit is coming off in the AM and heading back to run the prop that JC will have to us in the morning...I really liked the Hering prop, but the 33 needs to be a 35 and more bow lift, that should put me up into the mid 130's like I told Steve, yes I was only turning 5600-5700rpm with his prop, but I always had someone else in the boat, not just me, it would have prbly turned 6000...let ya know tomorrow, it was great meeting you, hate that only road in my boat with your eyes...maybe next time...

Jeff